• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
  3. Plain dangerous is THE quest for diablos hardhorns

User Info: YoukaiSlayer

YoukaiSlayer
6 years ago#1
Assuming the MH3G Dex is right (and it seems to be from my personal experience) the plain dangerous quest (sand bari and b. diablos) has 19 (if you get full quest rewards, one is also always a conq seal so 19 slots left) 5% chances to give hardhorns as well as the 7% from breaking the black diablos horns in the actual quest. Assuming my math is right, (and it might not be) you have a 1 - (0.95^19) * .93 = .649 = 64.9% chance to get at least one hardhorn. After running it 5 times with a group of 4 we all got at least 2 hardhorns.

So what im saying is: stop doing other quests for hardhorns because you are wasting your time.
I'm ninja
(you can't see me)

User Info: GuerillaGorilla

GuerillaGorilla
6 years ago#2
Noted, thanks.
NNID: GuerillaGorilla
3DS FC: 0748-1993-0631

User Info: Pang Tong

Pang Tong
6 years ago#3
This would have helped me last night, as I was hosting a room to run the Advanced quest with three Diablos. Managed to acquire two Hardhorns after killing or capturing forty or so.

I was considering making Cera Cymmetry, so I'll see how this method works out.
PSN & NNID: Random_Name_63

User Info: Village Idiot

Village Idiot
6 years ago#4
Pang Tong posted...
This would have helped me last night, as I was hosting a room to run the Advanced quest with three Diablos. Managed to acquire two Hardhorns after killing or capturing forty or so.

I was considering making Cera Cymmetry, so I'll see how this method works out.

I have Cera Cymmetry

Good sword, just note that even with Crit Draw, you've only got an 80% chance to crit.

Just...that damage when you have Edgemaster + Crit. Holy crap.
Actually, since Wedge Antilles > Carriers, and Carriers = Instant win, then it should be Wedge Antilles > Instant win. He's just that good XD -PsionicDude

User Info: LotionExplosion

LotionExplosion
6 years ago#5
Yup, it's true. I've been telling this people since like a week after release (been playing way too much) --- I killed 70 g-rank diablos before I found out about plain dangerous (original source from a japanese website)... And then I got all the hardhorns I needed.
A sea, where a fallen musician can only lament his failure.

User Info: YoukaiSlayer

YoukaiSlayer
6 years ago#6
Just got 4 horns from 3 runs. I wish id known this sooner
I'm ninja
(you can't see me)

User Info: NeoMonk

NeoMonk
6 years ago#7
I need one for my Dire Armor I'll try this tonight.
"How am i spelling?" Please call 800-WHO-CARES or online at WiiUdoesntcureCANCERsoitFAILS.com

User Info: Petphot

Petphot
6 years ago#8
Look at the quest rewards for March of Victory (I think its the HR 100 unlockable quest):

http://i.imgur.com/CKlnGc9.png

hahahaha
Apparently OP for his entire argument does in fact put his fingers in his ears and go "LALALALA" the entire thread. Fascinating.

User Info: Voyage1970

Voyage1970
6 years ago#9
Am I missing something? Plains Dangerous is Sand Barioth and Rust Duramboros is it not? Did you mean Desert Desertion?

User Info: SKStylez

SKStylez
6 years ago#10
so.... any other exploitable rare items from other multi quests?
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
  3. Plain dangerous is THE quest for diablos hardhorns
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers