• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: aestevalis_0

aestevalis_0
7 years ago#1
Or will it be pretty much linear like Bound in Blood? That's what ruined BiB for me.
Human beings are a very irrational species. Some are even afraid of pickles.

User Info: BemaniAK

BemaniAK
7 years ago#2
Linearity ruins games for you?
Stay far away from CoJ it's been ruined by modernization once already.

User Info: Azrael360

Azrael360
7 years ago#3
The game is divided in levels and not as one open world with missions and quests to complete. The levels are big to explore though, but it seems not by much:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hc18GdEUkMw

User Info: SubSane

SubSane
7 years ago#4
All CoJ games have been linear. To their credit, the level designers make it seem like the environments are vast and exploreable.

Though there was that one level in CoJ where you climb the mountain to get the eagle feather. I recall wandering around there for a bit.

User Info: thescotch

thescotch
7 years ago#5
I haven't played much of the game but from what I can tell it's very much on the rails. You play the game as a series of memories being told by the main character. He literally tells you what is about to happen before it does. There are a lot of actual historical old west characters in the game such as Billy the Kid and Johny Ringo. I think the game is trying to be charming but the story is only decent and the shoot aspects are a little lacking by modern standards.
I like potatoes.

User Info: giocare

giocare
7 years ago#6
It's so linear they might as well have made it a light gun arcade game.

User Info: KrazytigerEX

KrazytigerEX
7 years ago#7
Open world would cost alot more to develop. This is a budget title.

For what its priced at it is an awesome title.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A