• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Juarez: Gunslinger
  3. graphics-wise, nothing can touch this

User Info: PoetSaskia

PoetSaskia
6 years ago#1
I thought we wouldn't get anything that looked better than Crysis 3 this gen but this looks even better.
Gamespot's review called the technique they used "semi-cell shaded." Man it looks amazing on a big TV. I just got a big TV and a lot of games don't look as good on a big screen. but this one really shines. I want to see other games use this technique; I'd hate to see it end up as an anomily, because I really think it's going to take a while for conventional graphics to surpass this. Wouldn't you love to see more games that look like this one?

User Info: runyonave

runyonave
6 years ago#2
The graphics in this game are something you would expect in a $60 game, they are amazing. It looks like something next gen, especially how you can see so far into the landscape.
"Do you feel it, Zach? My coffee warned me about it." - Francis York Morgan.
Deadly Premonition: Director's Cut, Q1 2013. Welcome back Zach.

User Info: ElBorak77

ElBorak77
6 years ago#3
i like them as well.

someone complained earlier about the grain but it makes it more detailed looking. the black borders around objects do the same. it's interesting because this technique makes ok graphics look much better.

i'm not a fan of the regular cell-shaded look but i like this kind.
PSN El_Borak_77
STOP THE FPS ABUSE www.fpsaregamestoo.notarealwebsite

User Info: BabyLarva

BabyLarva
6 years ago#4
I completely agree...and does anyone remember XIII from PS2/Xbox? CoJ:G reminds me of that game...Those graphics still hold up (total cel shaded) today.
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Juarez: Gunslinger
  3. graphics-wise, nothing can touch this
  • Topic Archived