• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
  3. Does killing the last ones in Ultimate lair imply extinction?
Major Damage 5 months ago#1
If this was already answered, I couldn't find it, sorry.

Anyway, if I kill a last one in the Ultimate lair, will its species automatically go extinct, or will they simply vanish after all the required kills?
"If you want to know what God thinks of money, just look at the people he gave it to." - Dorothy Parker
KarmaDingo 5 months ago#2
Killing the last one in the lair is the same as if you fought all the others then killed the last one outside the lair. So yes, killing the last one in the lair makes that monster extinct.
Time for the greatest show on Earth. Tickets are unavailable and access is invitation only, but we're announcing it anyway to let you know what you're missing.
Major Damage 5 months ago#3
Wow. I wasn't really expecting this. They should've called it the major extinction lair, or something. Thanks!
"If you want to know what God thinks of money, just look at the people he gave it to." - Dorothy Parker
omegafire18 5 months ago#4
Major Damage posted...
Wow. I wasn't really expecting this. They should've called it the major extinction lair, or something. Thanks!
Well, the name is more for the superboss at the end, but yeah.

^That aside, there is a single Last One you can only kill in the Ultimate Lair: the Meonekton, which has an extinction count of 65k-ish... requiring far more time than the game has to hunt one-by-one, even with constant Chronostasis (and assuming anyone had the sanity to do that in the first place lol)
Just someone with different standards for reality and fiction. The latter is generally much more open, and is personally considered much more interesting.
andri_g 5 months ago#5
Major Damage posted...
Anyway, if I kill a last one in the Ultimate lair, will its species automatically go extinct, or will they simply vanish after all the required kills?
Yes but, as you probably know by now, some enemies cannot be hunted to extinction (no extinction limit).

Also, some enemies that can be hunted to extinction only spawn in the final game area on the last day--the day *after* the UL is accessible.
'~'
Major Damage 5 months ago#6
andri_g posted...
Also, some enemies that can be hunted to extinction only spawn in the final game area on the last day--the day *after* the UL is accessible.
Thanks for the heads up! I saw that in one of the FAQs, hunting these at the final dungeon.
Major Damage 5 months ago#7
omegafire18 posted...
^That aside, there is a single Last One you can only kill in the Ultimate Lair: the Meonekton, which has an extinction count of 65k-ish... requiring far more time than the game has to hunt one-by-one, even with constant Chronostasis (and assuming anyone had the sanity to do that in the first place lol)
I can only think this info was dummied out, or something. It was fun walking around from 4 am to 6 am without monsters.
  1. Boards
  2. Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
  3. Does killing the last ones in Ultimate lair imply extinction?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A

How many endings are there? General4 Answers
Best weapons and garbs? Side Quest6 Answers
Where can I find Ethers? Side Quest3 Answers
Secret Ending after the credits? Side Quest2 Answers
Mushroom help? Side Quest2 Answers