• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
  3. For those playing in pc. Question.
wefest05 6 months ago#1
I was wondering if there is a FF13fix for this game also like the 13 and 13-2 ports. I have those games running at 4K with all the bells my setup can handle and they look awesome thanks to the mod.

This game unfortunately with stock options I can run it at 4K but it dips quite a bit so I’ve set the FPS to 30 and the refresh at half so it doesn’t look choppy.

I was just wondering if anyone else could share their settings that are getting a constant 60fps. I’ve tried messing with the options but man if they don’t seem to make a difference lol.

setup is 4600k and a gtx 1080. Thanks in advance^^
KarmaDingo 6 months ago#2
Just a word of warning, having the fps not locked to 30 breaks a few things and causes a crash when trying to do a certain sidequest (for me and a few others that I know, at least, not sure if it happens to everyone). Other than that I play with fixed fps (as in fixed to 30), so I cannot help.
Time for the greatest show on Earth. Tickets are unavailable and access is invitation only, but we're announcing it anyway to let you know what you're missing.
wefest05 6 months ago#3
Ok cool. Thanks for the heads up. Since I already have it locked to 30, might as well keep it that way.

just out of curiosity, what kind of stuff does the higher frame rate break.
Melodia 6 months ago#4
I don't know of it crashing at a higher framerate. But there's two bugs that can happen -- first is that when you plant seeds, they won't grow, and they will NEVER grow on that playthrough. The second is that when you get fireworks from the Meow Meow Choco Chow girls they just....aren't there (and maybe the garb you can get too? I forget). Rest of the game plays fine for almost everyone -- just change it to 30FPS for those spots and you're golden.
Always Remember, Green Hair Is Cool.
KarmaDingo 6 months ago#5
^And the crash for me happens when you try to use fireworks in Yusnaan.
Time for the greatest show on Earth. Tickets are unavailable and access is invitation only, but we're announcing it anyway to let you know what you're missing.
Nabgil 6 months ago#6
Just started this game again, did beat the game 4-5 times on xbox 360 about 5 years back. now playing on PC. rtx 2070 super ryzen 7 xt

I get 60 fps at 1440p and it dips to 45 ish every now and then. Doesnt look super impressive, I should maybe try the fixed option maybe its better.

Just did the Choco girl garb and had no issues....
Dont remember what the planting seeds is all about, care to refresh my memory so I can backup save.
btw this game was updated on PC a few days ago, no clue what it was tho.
KarmaDingo 6 months ago#7
Nabgil posted...
Dont remember what the planting seeds is all about, care to refresh my memory so I can backup save.
The ghysal green spots can become impossible to interact with.

Nabgil posted...
btw this game was updated on PC a few days ago, no clue what it was tho.
That was a fix for some of the voices not playing on Win 10.
Milla_Maxwell 4 months ago#8
I'm replaying on PC right now, I managed to get all the fireworks and finish the quests involving them with no issues.

I haven't done the wildlands yet, but I'll see if I can plant Ghysal Greens
Gamers this generation only work in hyperbole. Something is either god's gift to gaming or a cancerous blight that needs to die in a fire. There's no in between
Melodia 4 months ago#9
Milla_Maxwell posted...
I'm replaying on PC right now, I managed to get all the fireworks and finish the quests involving them with no issues.

At 60FPS?

Always Remember, Green Hair Is Cool.
  1. Boards
  2. Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
  3. For those playing in pc. Question.
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A

How many endings are there? General4 Answers
Best weapons and garbs? Side Quest6 Answers
Where can I find Ethers? Side Quest3 Answers
Secret Ending after the credits? Side Quest2 Answers
Mushroom help? Side Quest2 Answers