You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
  3. This is probably my favorite Final Fantasy game.

User Info: Lailah66

Lailah66
2 months ago#1
Granted I only played the 13 series, 15, Crystal Chronicles on the cube, and retroactively played a few classics like 3 and 7.

The game is unpolished for sure, but the fun action combat, cool protagonist, sidequests, and Majora's Mask vibe really got me into it.

I wish going forward they used Lightning Returns combat as a base for some future title.

User Info: xfyrenx

xfyrenx
2 months ago#2
Yeah, I love the combat. More interesting than XV's combat.
Don't worry; your manhood will be safe even if one of the PCs in the next game wears pink. Get over it. - EvenSpoonier

User Info: FishOfPain

FishOfPain
2 months ago#3
I wouldn't call it my favorite, but it's pretty high and definitely the best of the XIII trilogy.
"You're a jerk, Dent"
Wowbagger from The hitchhikers guide to the galaxy

User Info: orah

orah
2 months ago#4
yes! i consider it my own personal masterpiece.

User Info: Cliche

Cliche
1 month ago#5
The battle system is enjoyable no doubt but f***ing shame there are only a few battles that actually provide challenges. Most of the mobs are too easy that I couldn't enjoy both the battles and music.

P/s : It's only easy if you know what you're doing.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Shingokuu

Shingokuu
1 month ago#6
I have this game in my backlog but I really would like to play it soon.
Aniki!

User Info: Dagamingphoenix

Dagamingphoenix
4 weeks ago#7
The game was almost universally hated so it's nice to see others who love it! While the story was nonsense, the game was just so fun to play and while the graphics were inconsistent their were some lovely views and the soundtrack was great. Would love to see the combat system again
Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment
- Pod 153, NieR:Automata

User Info: Touya999

Touya999
4 weeks ago#8
Lightning best gurl
Nintendo switch fc : SW-3862-0989-2485
Smile, Sweet,Sister,Sadistic,Surprise,Service.This is Low /(_) Tier (/_\)God <(_)>

User Info: frggy

frggy
3 weeks ago#9
I like it, too. I'm not a huge fan about everything that this one is about, but the schemata system gives you some good RPG food for thought.

User Info: Jean7231

Jean7231
1 week ago#10
Incredible game, my favorite FF right behind XIV. Like someone else mentioned, though, I wish the game had more challenging fights. It's not really a big deal, since I just gimp myself to make fights harder.
Two months long you'll have to look, and to recover what we took,
But past that month, the prospect's black, too late, it's gone, it won't come back!
  1. Boards
  2. Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
  3. This is probably my favorite Final Fantasy game.