Garb collection + stats farming

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
  3. Garb collection + stats farming

User Info: koosha136

koosha136
1 month ago#1
Hi, has anyone or is anyone crazy enough to collect all the garbs in the game(except for the DLC ones) and also farm stats til they reach maximum?(99,999??) just curious cos I thought of doing that lol. ^^" I'm close to full trophies and that platinum one but still short of one while I figure it out 😂

User Info: xfyrenx

xfyrenx
1 month ago#2
Max stats (without weapons) are 5k magic and strength and 50k HP. Once you reach that, quests don't give any more stats. You'll need equipment to get to 9999 Str/Mag and 99999 HP.

Getting all the garbs is rather easy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTNE3Sq8pCI For part 1 of how to farm efficiently.
Don't worry; your manhood will be safe even if one of the PCs in the next game wears pink. Get over it. - EvenSpoonier

koosha136
1 month ago#3
Oh! Glad it stops at 5000.which means I need to get good equipment and upgrade them. Which also means farming upgrade items especially those holy forgefire and its equals.buying garbs need Gil so need to farm $ too. Seems like I have a long way to go 😂

xfyrenx
1 month ago#4
For Gil, start a NG+ on hard, and go kill Cactuars as soon as you can (can even turn in the Last One quest at the same time for extra stats), then start another NG+ via the crystal in the ark. Repeat as needed.

Upgrade materials drop in good amounts from hard mode main quest bosses, and if you know what you're doing you can get them all by the end of day 2 or 3 (plus extra stats).

So yeah, farm for the other stuff first, then farm stats only when you have everything else.
Don't worry; your manhood will be safe even if one of the PCs in the next game wears pink. Get over it. - EvenSpoonier

koosha136
1 month ago#5
Hey thanks! 😃👍 Will try that.

koosha136
4 weeks ago#6
Ok...i think i hit a wall...ive completed the death safari and the other quest too so now it's hard for me to find chaos infused areas to collect 80 soulseeds. Any other ideas ? O.o btw, is bhunivelze on hard mode easier than bhunivelze+? Or the same? 😅

xfyrenx
4 weeks ago#7
koosha136 posted...
ive completed the death safari and the other quest too so now it's hard for me to find chaos infused areas to collect 80 soulseeds.

Wait until you open the roads on day 9, then just travel one or another. You get chaos infusions pretty often on them.

Or, if you haven't beaten Snow yet, just run the loop that goes from the door to the boss fight to his room then back to the door. I found that you can do the whole loop in an hour (in-game) without sprinting (do not use chronostasis) and there are some spots that will always have chaos infusions, meaning you can easily farm soul seeds that way (no idea if that still works after beating Snow, though).

Bhuni is easier than Bhuni+. Now if you're asking if hard mode Bhuni is easier than normal/easy mode Bhuni+... I'd say harder.

koosha136
4 weeks ago#8
I see! Thx again ! :D I'll give it a shot.

koosha136
4 weeks ago#9
I finally got the platinum trophy!! Guess I'll have to work towards the garb collection now ...trying to bump into the rare forge guy. I read the he comes on at 2:00? Hope I get to see him lol

koosha136
4 weeks ago#10
Found the rare forge guy on day 11 at yusnaan 7 am. Augurs quarters. He's actually in the shadows not far off, right of the palace gates. But I dunno if this is a random spawn or not.
Anyway for those who has bought off from him many times, does he have different garbs on different days? He's pretty hard to catch and the timings I saw displayed at a site said it's not confirmed spots. Sigh~lol all this for a couple of garbs! XD
  1. Boards
  2. Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
  3. Garb collection + stats farming

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived