Monorail Times and FAQS / Official Guide

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
  3. Monorail Times and FAQS / Official Guide

User Info: Nynz

Nynz
4 weeks ago#1
So, I just started playing Lightning Returns again after many years break and not finishing the game in that playthrough. I decided to use the FAQS and official strategy guide which both have incredibly precise timings to follow. My issue is that the monorails are throwing the timing off completely - for example taking the 0315 Wild Lands --> Dead Dunes is dropping me off at 0400 instead of 0330 (or anytime before 0400 would've been okay) which means I can only fight Meonektons making it hard to keep chronostasis up. Did I miss something or are the guides off?
Arrogance destroys the footholds of victory. - Byakuya Kuchiki
PSN: Nynzy

User Info: Touya999

Touya999
4 weeks ago#2
@Nynz posted...
So, I just started playing Lightning Returns again after many years break and not finishing the game in that playthrough. I decided to use the FAQS and official strategy guide which both have incredibly precise timings to follow. My issue is that the monorails are throwing the timing off completely - for example taking the 0315 Wild Lands --> Dead Dunes is dropping me off at 0400 instead of 0330 (or anytime before 0400 would've been okay) which means I can only fight Meonektons making it hard to keep chronostasis up. Did I miss something or are the guides off?

https://imgur.com/hCMhR7G
Nintendo switch fc : SW-3862-0989-2485
Smile, Sweet,Sister,Sadistic,Surprise,Service.This is Low /(_) Tier (/_\)God <(_)>

User Info: Nynz

Nynz
4 weeks ago#3
Well that was not very helpful -.-
Arrogance destroys the footholds of victory. - Byakuya Kuchiki
PSN: Nynzy

User Info: CharminUltra812

CharminUltra812
4 weeks ago#4
Here's a guide that should help.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WLCE9I4YElo

Edit: Stupid gamefaqs showing the embedded video in the post. I forgot they do that now. Guess I shouldn't lurk anonymously anymore.
und Kiene Eier
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: Jamiecchi

Jamiecchi
3 weeks ago#5
You're better to let the timer run out or take the train 3x so you can go back to the Ark. Not like you're going to miss a lot in those 2 hours.
0400 to 0600 is when the Meonektons spawn.

User Info: -GhosT-

-GhosT-
3 weeks ago#6
I just had the same issue where I was following the guide by Krystal on here, and on Day 2, I arrived at 01:26 at the station, and I was supposed to take the 01:30AM train to Yusnaan, but it would have me arrive at 02:15, taking 45 minutes.

I reloaded that quick section, and this time, I skipped all cutscenes, and didn't Chronostasis, and I stepped into the Station at 01:26 again. When I stepped inside the Station, this time, I saw the train arrive. I talked to the guy, and sure enough, this time it would leave at 01:30 and arrive at 01:45, just as planned.

I think it has something to do with how the trains are loaded. For some reason, some events seem to delay the trains and cause them to go a bit bonkers.

This is why I always use all the save files available, in case I have to rollback after the game throws a curveball like this at me.
I'm A Man of Principles, Damn Near Invincible
www.twitch.tv/GilgameshGG
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: andri_g

andri_g
1 week ago#7
Nynz posted...
0315 Wild Lands --> Dead Dunes is dropping me off at 0400 instead of 0330 (or anytime before 0400 would've been okay) which means I can only fight Meonektons making it hard to keep chronostasis up.

An easier way to keep your EP up is to equip one of Lightning's schematas as a sentinel (defense) with two or more Victor's Rush auto ability abilities. Each VR equipped ability gives a bonus 0.1 EP *per enemy* as soon as you defeat them, not at the end of battle.

Here is an LR topic I posted with other Lightning build schemata tips and suggestions.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/681989-lightning-returns-final-fantasy-xiii/76341480

[ I have more tips to post, but I need time to check them first; measure twice, cut once... ]

-GhosT- posted...
I think it has something to do with how the trains are loaded. For some reason, some events seem to delay the trains and cause them to go a bit bonkers.

Some in-game information does glitch--what you see is not always what you get. :/
'~'

User Info: xfyrenx

xfyrenx
1 week ago#8
andri_g posted...
An easier way to keep your EP up is to equip one of Lightning's schematas as a sentinel (defense) with two or more Victor's Rush auto ability abilities. Each VR equipped ability gives a bonus 0.1 EP *per enemy* as soon as you defeat them, not at the end of battle.

Victor's Rush being a rare auto-ability, I highly doubt anyone playing on Normal or Easy is going to get one, just saying.
Don't worry; your manhood will be safe even if one of the PCs in the next game wears pink. Get over it. - EvenSpoonier

User Info: andri_g

andri_g
1 week ago#9
xfyrenx posted...
Victor's Rush being a rare auto-ability, I highly doubt anyone playing on Normal or Easy is going to get one, just saying.

I received a few VR enabled abilities on Normal--abilities I didn't consider to be worth equipping at the time so I sold most of them.

I started synthesizing for VR [on Hard] once I discovered which abilities with VR were useful on all play-through difficulties (*especially* Hard).
'~'

User Info: xfyrenx

xfyrenx
1 week ago#10
andri_g posted...
I received a few VR enabled abilities on Normal--abilities I didn't consider to be worth equipping at the time so I sold most of them.

Not sure what you mean by that. Do you mean abilities with VR on them? Because I don't believe that's possible, especially not on the first day.
Don't worry; your manhood will be safe even if one of the PCs in the next game wears pink. Get over it. - EvenSpoonier
  1. Boards
  2. Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
  3. Monorail Times and FAQS / Official Guide

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.