Basically, Noel was....(spoilers)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
  3. Basically, Noel was....(spoilers)

User Info: Arkane Denial

Arkane Denial
4 months ago#1
....just a victim of "fake news"?

Some photoshopped/edited/MSPaint'd prophecy makes him want to kill Lightning and he was so adamant about it being true because prophecies are automatically true.

Wew, makes you wonder how this is the same in real life
Bark at the Moon

User Info: xfyrenx

xfyrenx
4 months ago#2
Wasn't even fake (everything did happen as it showed), just without context. Few people realise just how important context is.
Don't worry; your manhood will be safe even if one of the PCs in the next game wears pink. Get over it. - EvenSpoonier

User Info: Arkane Denial

Arkane Denial
4 months ago#3
xfyrenx posted...
Wasn't even fake (everything did happen as it showed), just without context. Few people realise just how important context is.

Really? I mean, there's a part where Lightning was in a pool of blood.

Didn't happen.
Bark at the Moon

User Info: Shindra

Shindra
4 months ago#4
noel was suppose to kill lightning but he chose not toArkane Denial posted...
xfyrenx posted...

Didn't happen.

noel was suppose to kill lightning but he ended up choosing not to
"Something sad? Like your pointless existence?" - Lightning (LRFFXIII)

xfyrenx
4 months ago#5
Arkane Denial posted...
xfyrenx posted...

Didn't happen.

I think I got the two oracle drives mixed up. Yeah, Noel's one was mostly fabricated, while the other one, the one used by the cultists, was completely true.
Don't worry; your manhood will be safe even if one of the PCs in the next game wears pink. Get over it. - EvenSpoonier

User Info: Hotel_Security

Hotel_Security
4 months ago#6
....just a victim of "fake news"?

Basically, yes. Noel was never the sharpest tool in the shed but he comes off as especially dumb and gullible in LR.

Yeah, they do show Noel standing over Light's body which definitely didn't happen. And Lumina admits she made it all up anyway.

User Info: omegafire18

omegafire18
4 months ago#7
Hotel_Security posted...
Basically, yes. Noel was never the sharpest tool in the shed but he comes off as especially dumb and gullible in LR.

Not really dumb; just worn-down and desperate, clinging to whatever hope he had left. Knocking him back to his senses is all he needed
If I post about something, it's because I ultimately like it - flaws tend not to personally matter after initial acceptance, if still acknowledged in general.

Hotel_Security
4 months ago#8
Not really dumb; just worn-down and desperate, clinging to whatever hope he had left.

I get that he's desperate over losing Yuel but what him killing Light has to do with that is beyond me. It comes off as him just doing it because the Oracle Drive told him too...while not at all wondering how there's an Oracle Drive with a new prophecy showing up long after the last Yuel died.

Though, at the same time, the "500 years" thing is a bit much for me...after 500 years you can get over anything yet multiple characters like Noel and Snow act like this stuff just happened.

xfyrenx
4 months ago#9
Hotel_Security posted...
Though, at the same time, the "500 years" thing is a bit much for me...after 500 years you can get over anything yet multiple characters like Noel and Snow act like this stuff just happened.

Noel kinda has an excuse, though, being responsible for the current state of the world, and he had to see things getting worse every day for 500 years.

For Snow, I'd agree that he should have gotten over that, but I guess they wanted to show how much he loved Serah.

Hotel_Security
4 months ago#10
Noel kinda has an excuse, though, being responsible for the current state of the world

And, yet, just like Vanille, his guilt is silly since he saved the world from Cocoon falling in FF13-2, yet completely ignores all that and only focuses on the part he screwed up. Vanille's even worse since her and Fang even sacrificed themselves to save Coccoon and she still somehow feels guilty.

For Snow, I'd agree that he should have gotten over that, but I guess they wanted to show how much he loved Serah.

It's part of why I wonder if the 500 years thing was made up after-the-fact. Almost everyone acts like this stuff just happened a few years ago.
  1. Boards
  2. Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
  3. Basically, Noel was....(spoilers)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived