Misinformation here on gamefaqs about upgrading weaponry

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
  3. Misinformation here on gamefaqs about upgrading weaponry

User Info: icecutter17

icecutter17
3 months ago#1
I have recently discovered this

when searching for answers regarding upgrading weapons you may have found these threads:

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/681990-lightning-returns-final-fantasy-xiii/68629056

and

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/681990-lightning-returns-final-fantasy-xiii/68601903

despite the seemingly good advice and info on those threads the fact is the information there is wrong

e.g.
Chronux posted...
sakurayule posted...
So long swords will ALWAYS cap at the same, regardless of which one?

Yup

sorry this answer and information is totally wrong
E.g. a maxed out Cutlass will be stronger than a maxed out Salvation sword (though the Salvation sword is longer so maybe more useful in that respect)

also
JustinS1985 posted...
Every weapon has a capped number of upgrades as well so I don't believe you can max out every stat (correct me if I"m wrong on that), but they should come out equal in the end.

again, utterly wrong. See my answer to the quote before.

People are even saying one of those threads should be stickied, lucky it wasn't for the misinformation it contained. Perhaps a mod knew that it was not correct, so didn't sticky.

I did find 1 thread worthy of being stickied. Here: https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/681990-lightning-returns-final-fantasy-xiii/71966514

It would be great if someone made a good Gamefaqs guide to weapons and upgrading here
I could possibly make a basic one (similar to that guys thread), but I certainly would not make a full guide on EVERY weapon's max stats
Even angels cast shadows

User Info: Touya999

Touya999
3 months ago#2
@icecutter17

Hi.
Nintendo switch fc : SW-3862-0989-2485
I normally don't get erectile dysfunction. But when i do, it isn't so hard. This is low..... tier... goooooooodddd

icecutter17
3 months ago#3
Touya999 posted...
@icecutter17

Hi.

Yes?
Even angels cast shadows

User Info: xfyrenx

xfyrenx
3 months ago#4
They meant Crimson Blitz and its cousins when they said long swords, so it's completely accurate, since Crimson Blitz fully upgraded = Immortal Order fully upgraded.

Cutlass and Salvation aren't the same type of swords, so of course they're not going to be the same fully upgraded.
Don't worry; your manhood will be safe even if one of the PCs in the next game wears pink. Get over it. - EvenSpoonier

icecutter17
3 months ago#5
xfyrenx posted...
They meant Crimson Blitz and its cousins when they said long swords, so it's completely accurate, since Crimson Blitz fully upgraded = Immortal Order fully upgraded.

Cutlass and Salvation aren't the same type of swords, so of course they're not going to be the same fully upgraded.

No it is not accurate

he groups the Salvation and Cutlass in the same group as Crimson Blitz
Even angels cast shadows

User Info: xfyrenx

xfyrenx
3 months ago#6
icecutter17 posted...
xfyrenx posted...

No it is not accurate

Actually, I just checked, and they do have the exact same stats cap (2500/2500/+15 ATB), so again, it's accurate, and I was wrong saying they're not the same type.
Don't worry; your manhood will be safe even if one of the PCs in the next game wears pink. Get over it. - EvenSpoonier

icecutter17
3 months ago#7
xfyrenx posted...
icecutter17 posted...
xfyrenx posted...

No it is not accurate

Actually, I just checked, and they do have the exact same stats cap (2500/2500/+15 ATB), so again, it's accurate, and I was wrong saying they're not the same type.

hah now you're being misleading

they do have those stat caps it's true, however when maxxing out the weapons (what I've been saying) some weapons will be more powerful i.e. some swords (e.g. like a Cutlass) will be able to get closer to maxxing out all of their stat caps.

I can tell you a good example straight away: the spear Demon Claw, when maxxed will be able to go to 1600str, 24stg boost and 600mag, the Hades Fang will be able to get 1600str, 24stg boost and 700mag

did you know that?
Even angels cast shadows

User Info: Ahrichu

Ahrichu
3 months ago#8
some of the weapons you mentioned is actually kind of useless... (except for Crimson blitz and Immortal Order since they give good ATB but also decent ATK MAG)

because if you're veteran in the game... you only need 3 chaos revenge to kill anyone or cutlass with ATB speed so you can spam spells faster
http://steamcommunity.com/id/ahrichu/screenshot/863988952867372088

icecutter17
3 months ago#9
I don't think many ppl played the game to the point of getting 3 Chaos Revenges
Even angels cast shadows

User Info: andri_g

andri_g
3 months ago#10
icecutter17 posted...
I can tell you a good example straight away: the spear Demon Claw, when maxxed will be able to go to 1600str, 24stg boost and 600mag, the Hades Fang will be able to get 1600str, 24stg boost and 700mag

The theory that each weapon in a class levels-up to have the same stats because they have the same caps is *false*. For each grade of weapon, the starting base also has been rescaled.

The other consideration is cost. Lower graded weapons (only in terms of starting point, not quality or upgradability) can cost up to a few thousand more gil in forge fees to fully upgrade than superior graded weapons of the same class. However, superior graded weapons can cost hundreds of thousands more gil in real resource costs to upgrade than lower graded weapons... and the power differences between these fully upgraded weapons might still end-up being too small to make a significant difference in battle.

It's true--Hades Fang is significantly more upgradable, and costs 50% more in real resource costs, than Demon's Claw (and HF is worth it, too); Wyvern's Lance is slightly more upgradable, and costs 10% less in real resource costs, than Demon's Claw, too (also worth it, but less so--the power differences between WL and DC are negligible). Why? Because of how Demon's Claw was scaled for upgrade resources it actually is the *least* upgradable weapon of its class.
'~'
  1. Boards
  2. Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
  3. Misinformation here on gamefaqs about upgrading weaponry

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived