am I going too fast or something? (Day 4, 3 a.m.) (Spoilers of course, maybe)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
  3. am I going too fast or something? (Day 4, 3 a.m.) (Spoilers of course, maybe)

User Info: ultimalegion

ultimalegion
1 year ago#1
Right now it is the time mentoned in the topic.

I think not much is accomplished on the first day since, if memory serves right, it is the failed attempt at Snow and then you spend a bit of time in Luxerion given that the code appears until next day.

On the 2nd Day I defeated Noel.

On the 3rd Day I defeated Snow.

It is right now the end of the 4th day and I'm fighting Caius, he keeps decimating me, I had a few close calls but I can get him down to about 30% and then I run out of gas.

I've been trying to do as many of the sidequests as possible but, of course, I've been focusing on the main quests. I'm thinking that maybe I'm a bit underpowered. I just can't seem to stagger him,

Should I just call it a day and get some sidequests done during the next day and challenge him at the end of it? or maybe two days of doing sidequests?
Playing Gods Eater Burst and Monster Hunter Portable 3rd! Maplestory-Bera- Gleivnir
Nintendo 3DS FC: 3737-9589-0694 PSN: sealofgleipnir XBL: Ragnarok Reaper

User Info: Jakobono

Jakobono
1 year ago#2
Lol. I just beat him.

User Info: Gaara_fan

Gaara_fan
1 year ago#3
Yes, go for more stats doing sidequests. Caius doesn't power up with the passing of days so really can leave him for last without worrying one bit. And I would do Dead Dunes main quest now for easy stats upgrades.
"O Admonishing melody, arise in the name of the Necromancer. Mystic Cage"
PSN ID: Otonio_Bruno

User Info: Jakobono

Jakobono
1 year ago#4
Or you can use curse and aga spells cheap strategy. I used that because I didn't want to come back later.

User Info: ultimalegion

ultimalegion
1 year ago#5
Man!

I managed to beat him just now. I got to try again until today. I kept at it using several different combinations. I managed to perfect guard almost everything and get some decent damage in. I finally beat him with no healing items left.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y3jqa6dywnon3pz/IMG_20160627_015809415.jpg?dl=0
Playing Gods Eater Burst and Monster Hunter Portable 3rd! Maplestory-Bera- Gleivnir
Nintendo 3DS FC: 3737-9589-0694 PSN: sealofgleipnir XBL: Ragnarok Reaper

User Info: ArisCarroll

ArisCarroll
1 year ago#6
ultimalegion posted...
Right now it is the time mentoned in the topic.

I think not much is accomplished on the first day since, if memory serves right, it is the failed attempt at Snow and then you spend a bit of time in Luxerion given that the code appears until next day.

On the 2nd Day I defeated Noel.

On the 3rd Day I defeated Snow.

It is right now the end of the 4th day and I'm fighting Caius, he keeps decimating me, I had a few close calls but I can get him down to about 30% and then I run out of gas.

I've been trying to do as many of the sidequests as possible but, of course, I've been focusing on the main quests. I'm thinking that maybe I'm a bit underpowered. I just can't seem to stagger him,

Should I just call it a day and get some sidequests done during the next day and challenge him at the end of it? or maybe two days of doing sidequests?

caius is the one of the 4 main quest bosses that doesn't keep getting stronger as time goes by, the one in the dead dunes however has 2 forms. you could do the dead dunes first that would make caius a lot easier. also he is really though the first time around when you're not good at fighting yet.
Gift of the silver tongue, they say it's the mark of a good officer... and of a liar
  1. Boards
  2. Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
  3. am I going too fast or something? (Day 4, 3 a.m.) (Spoilers of course, maybe)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived