Shield specifics and guarding

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
  3. Shield specifics and guarding

User Info: EtherealSoul

EtherealSoul
4 years ago#1
I've been wondering lately about the specifics on shields and what they really mean. How does guard defense play in to damage calculation? And how useful is Guard Efficiency? It seems like if you upgraded it high enough and had abilities with high damage resistance you'd take very little.
Luka: Do you know how I cry for people? Can you imagine the kind of things I think of?
Lightning: Something sad? Like your pointless existence?

User Info: Vegerunks

Vegerunks
4 years ago#2
I don't know about Guard defense but Guard efficiency does just as it says. It reduces the damage by that much % while guarding. I'm assuming Guard defense further reduces damage by the posted number. It would explain why Abyss gate reduces hp by 95% but gives 450 more Guard defense than any other item in the game.

Imagine Heavy guard level* 70% reduction + 800 damage reduction while guarding. Most things won't be able to do any damage to you while you guard.
Xbox 360 GamerTag: HolyKnight22
PSN: CrimsonDivide Jpn PSN: CrimsonDeath24

User Info: Vic10

Vic10
4 years ago#3
You could've just searched. :/

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/681990-lightning-returns-final-fantasy-xiii/68687395
Gamertag: THKVL
3DS Friend Code: 0576-3863-9585
  1. Boards
  2. Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
  3. Shield specifics and guarding

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived