Here is why the time limit technically does not exist...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
  3. Here is why the time limit technically does not exist...

User Info: Vegerunks

Vegerunks
4 years ago#1
I entered the Deadlands at 9:08 game time, I have been there for about 16 hours game time, it is now 9:22 game time. Same day. The only reason the time has passed as much as it has is because I opened a chest that used all 6 of my EP. It took 4 battles to gain 1 EP because i kept getting 1 man gremlin fights.
Xbox 360 GamerTag: HolyKnight22
PSN: CrimsonDivide Jpn PSN: CrimsonDeath24

User Info: cory droid

cory droid
4 years ago#2
Pretty much yeah. I'm on my new game + and I already have around 1/3 of the main and sidequests done by the end of day 2.
Subliminal Heroin

User Info: game freakozoid

game freakozoid
4 years ago#3
It still exists, even if you can avoid it. Majora's Mask has a time limit even if you can always just return to the first day just fine.

The difference being this game has a time limit and then really doesn't do anything with it. Apart from some events in Luxerian on the first day, there are no story events that require a different day to experience. After that, the day stops mattering and the exact same events could be achieved with a normal day/night cycle and a change that says that Bhunivelze will awaken 'soon' instead of an exact thirteen days. It doesn't add to anything and instead only imposes restrictions.

Hell, even gameplay wise all it adds is stronger monsters on later days, which can be achieved through a variety of means such as monsters get stronger as you progress through the story.

The problem now is that we have this forced time limit that doesn't improve the world anyway, forces you to use EP towards it for chronostasis instead of other moves, and is generally a hassle. You can use chronostasis yes, but that leaves you having no choice but to navigate into your menu to activate it every few minutes over and over again just to avoid the time limit. When you are having to do a monotonous chore to avoid some concept that the game was built around, then there is a problem.

User Info: Chronux

Chronux
4 years ago#4
Vegerunks posted...
I entered the Deadlands at 9:08 game time, I have been there for about 16 hours game time, it is now 9:22 game time. Same day. The only reason the time has passed as much as it has is because I opened a chest that used all 6 of my EP. It took 4 battles to gain 1 EP because i kept getting 1 man gremlin fights.

Cuz you're on easy mode.... on easy mode Ep/time is a NON issue.

User Info: AndoYzerman

AndoYzerman
4 years ago#5
Oh, it exists alright. I'm on Day 8; I've had only a handful of Sidequests and Prayer Board quests to do since the end of Day 6. The only extinctable monsters left are Zarys, Chocobo Eater and Meonketon. When it's all said and done, I'm going to have at least four days to kill by sleeping at Inns, etc.
  1. Boards
  2. Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
  3. Here is why the time limit technically does not exist...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived