Do you think FF15 will be better than the FF13 trilogy?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
  3. Do you think FF15 will be better than the FF13 trilogy?

User Info: JackApostrophe

JackApostrophe
3 years ago#91
It looks like I will be worse at it, that's all I know.

User Info: atopp399

atopp399
3 years ago#92
AppleJinx posted...
FF15 will be a multiple part story just like the FF13 trilogy

OMG I never even thought of that... We could be looking at a decade or more of Final Fantasy XV....that's very bad if it turns out to be another bad game... It makes sense for them financially I guess to not have to re-create assets and stuff but man if it is another bad series....

User Info: maxpowr3

maxpowr3
3 years ago#93
atopp399 posted...
AppleJinx posted...
FF15 will be a multiple part story just like the FF13 trilogy

OMG I never even thought of that... We could be looking at a decade or more of Final Fantasy XV....that's very bad if it turns out to be another bad game... It makes sense for them financially I guess to not have to re-create assets and stuff but man if it is another bad series....

This is what will kill the FF series. I'll ignore the blind fanboys here that would praise a turd like Dirge of Cerberus just because it has FF in the name. It seems SE has taken the approach of quantity over quality.

User Info: Oregongamer

Oregongamer
3 years ago#94
I enjoyed FF13 to a point, but its pretty easy to surpass and of the next gen-ish FFs. Everything after 9 was a little odd.

User Info: VanilleHopen

VanilleHopen
3 years ago#95
Oregongamer posted...
I enjoyed FF13 to a point, but its pretty easy to surpass and of the next gen-ish FFs. Everything after 9 was a little odd.

and an action rpg final fantasy isn't going to be a little odd to people who like the old school final fantasy games?

LMAO people are so ridiculous.. just listen to them speak.
Hope misses Vanille's smile :(.

User Info: lovbbws

lovbbws
3 years ago#96
well it cant be any worse can it? wait dont answer that :(

User Info: EtherealSoul

EtherealSoul
3 years ago#97
Itoi is also working on this one, isn't he? The father of ATB and such? Sakaguchi felt that [Itoi] was one of the people capable of really restoring FF to its best.

But hearing Nomura is directing this is...slightly unnerving to me. Kingdom Hearts to me was great until they started releasing a bunch of games on the side to expand the universe and make the story convoluted. Probably worried over nothing.

But if it's true it's going to be more of an ARPG that is...kinda meh. I don't mind the gameplay of Kingdom Hearts, but really don't like the idea of having KH bleeding in to FF.

One thing I can say I expect to see from detractors of the game once it's released? "Noctis is emo". You just know it's coming.
Luka: Do you know how I cry for people? Can you imagine the kind of things I think of?
Lightning: Something sad? Like your pointless existence?

User Info: AngryGFAQer

AngryGFAQer
3 years ago#98
VanilleHopen posted...
Oregongamer posted...

and an action rpg final fantasy isn't going to be a little odd to people who like the old school final fantasy games?

LMAO people are so ridiculous.. just listen to them speak.

Not sure what you're smoking but Type-0 was a hit in Japan, and for those outside who struggled to play it with the language barrier.
"I was garbage, the writing transformed," - Raiden
I'm Batman. I don't enjoy anything.

User Info: Ventwig

Ventwig
3 years ago#99
Tales isn't turn-based though?

And yes, because even though I really liked 13, i did not like 13-2 and have yet to try LR because im waiting for it to go down a bit because people say it's not worth $60. Plus the battle system is too hybrid between turn-based and action. I'd rather it leans more to one than the other.

FFXV looks really fun, though. I'm just sad they limited character control to noctis and am scared that weapon changing/warping will be too gimicky. And they removed the cool HUD D:
Playing: Fire Emblem Awakening, Final Fantasy X
Excited For: Lightning Returns, Bravely Default, Tales of Symphonia, ToX2

User Info: Lerthyr

Lerthyr
3 years ago#100
Tales is apparently a turn based JRPG now.

I learned something new today.
The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power.
  1. Boards
  2. Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
  3. Do you think FF15 will be better than the FF13 trilogy?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived