Do you think FF15 will be better than the FF13 trilogy?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
  3. Do you think FF15 will be better than the FF13 trilogy?

User Info: Stilleas

Stilleas
3 years ago#11
Ah, Versus. Final Fantasy XV. The JRPG Messiah. The game to right all FFXIII's wrongs. The game that's been in development so long it simply has to be the greatest thing ever. No game can live up to that kind of hype, and thus it will inevitably disappoint. It'll probably be a pretty fun game, maybe even a great one, but the more you build something up, the more difficult a time it'll have impressing you.

User Info: shingaiden

shingaiden
3 years ago#12
Tetsuya > Toriyama.

User Info: SnowxNeverLeft

SnowxNeverLeft
3 years ago#13
A Nomura FF? In 2016? Ahahahahahahno.
Expect lots of belts and zippers, though.

User Info: Stella_N_F

Stella_N_F
3 years ago#14
Why there no option I don't know? Yes I don't know because I am not from future tee hee
Sequels to Final Fantasy XV were hinted at with the line "A World of the Versus Epic" in the E3 2013 trailer

Stilleas
3 years ago#15
shingaiden posted...
Tetsuya > Toriyama.

No argument about that. I just cringe at how great everyone expects it to be, having been a gamer long enough to develop an understanding of how these things work.

User Info: pariah23

pariah23
3 years ago#16
EtherealSoul posted...
And I mean...considering XV is Versus XIII, which has been in development since before XIII was even released, they've had a lot of time to work on it. Should be really damn polished.

Or, much more likely, it will turn out to be the Duke Nukem Forever of JRPGs.

User Info: Pirate_Duck

Pirate_Duck
3 years ago#17
Strider102 posted...
Nah, once XV comes out XIII will get praise.

When XVI comes out then XV will get praise.

XVI will get praise after XVII.

Etc.

The same people who liked FFXIII will still like it, and vice versa, it isn't going to change the way people already think.
Dayman! aaaAAAaaa Fighter of the Nightman! aaaAAAaaa Champion of the Sun! aaaAAAaaa His a master of karate and friendship for everyone!

Stilleas
3 years ago#18
Strider102 posted...

Etc.

This, coupled with my earlier post. Every Final Fantasy since VIII has been hated on at release, and they always receive praise when a new numbered entry comes along to absorb the hate. It's pretty funny, actually.

User Info: Athelweiss

Athelweiss
3 years ago#19
I don't know, I'll tell you when there's more information released about the game... It's kinda hard to compare something you have a tiny piece of info, and something you completed from the beginning to the end.
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
http://athelcrystallum.wordpress.com/

User Info: Master25125

Master25125
3 years ago#20
Strider102 posted...

Etc.

You have successfully explained the system, good sir!
Seriously, when 12 came out no one liked it. Then 13 came out and suddenly there are FF12 fans popping out everywhere in youtube comments and whatnot. The only game of the 13 series I didn't like was 13-2. The other 2 were the best thing since FF9 for me. Well, those 2 and 14:ARR. And 10 was ok I guess.

Stilleas posted...
shingaiden posted...
Tetsuya > Toriyama.

No argument about that. I just cringe at how great everyone expects it to be, having been a gamer long enough to develop an understanding of how these things work.

Why is Tetsuya > Toriyama? Regarding FF all he has ever done is just character or monster design from 5 onwards, except for 9. Other than KH he didn't direct anything else. If you personally prefer KH over FF that's one thing, what he might add to FF other than design is another.

Speaking of design, I don't know if I want Uchiha Sasuke in FF. Only thing that's left is him casting Thunder/ra/ga looking like Chidori and the hilarity ensues further.
Jokes aside (well, I wish they were just jokes...), FF15 will very likely be an awesome game. From the trailers the game looks even more cinematic than FF13 but so was MGS4 and I liked that too. And well, it's a trailer after all. But people will hate on it no matter what. It's modern gaming community. Hate every new series entry until the next entry appears. It used to be different but that's how it works these days.
There is a reason why Valve doesn't go beyond 1 sequel...
  1. Boards
  2. Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
  3. Do you think FF15 will be better than the FF13 trilogy?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived