• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
thepatrickpet 7 years ago#1
I'm playing Normal mode and currently on Day 8. I've finished all the main quests and almost all the sidequests already (around 50) and now I don't know what else to do other than beating Aeronite and completing all the canvas of prayers quest.

Do you guys have any tips on how to beat Aeronite on normal? Some people said that it's easier to beat him on Hard mode, which i don't know why.
DefenderX2480 7 years ago#2
Aeronite is the strongest enemy in the game. If you can beat him, the game is basically over for you.

The reason it's easier on hard mode is because there is a lot of (really powerful) hard mode exclusive equipment.
thepatrickpet 7 years ago#3
DefenderX2480 posted...
Aeronite is the strongest enemy in the game. If you can beat him, the game is basically over for you.

The reason it's easier on hard mode is because there is a lot of (really powerful) hard mode exclusive equipment.

oh, I see. So far, the only person I know who beat Aeronite on normal mode is MasterLL.
Unrealtairo 7 years ago#4
Im determined to find out a way about him also, same as you, day 8, all sides/mains done, shopped around for all garbs, got revers pink sword etc. Get him about 70% down and get smashed, gota be something im missing here, or a few things that aren't timing related. Math has to fit somewhere here just need to find it. As of right now im running from that evil black ball instead though.
Beep boop
thepatrickpet 7 years ago#5
Unrealtairo posted...
Im determined to find out a way about him also, same as you, day 8, all sides/mains done, shopped around for all garbs, got revers pink sword etc. Get him about 70% down and get smashed, gota be something im missing here, or a few things that aren't timing related. Math has to fit somewhere here just need to find it. As of right now im running from that evil black ball instead though.

lol evil black ball. btw, where do you get the reverse pink sword? got it yet. Is it better than caius;s sword?
OldKye 7 years ago#6
thepatrickpet posted...
Unrealtairo posted...

lol evil black ball. btw, where do you get the reverse pink sword? got it yet. Is it better than caius;s sword?

Depends on what you mean Caius's sword is the only one in game with quick stagger which is the only way to change the enemy's hidden stagger bar(makes it 75% smaller).

You pretty much can't beat Aeronite's 11,000,000hp with out it he has 4 levels of stagger if you don't stagger him every 3mins he will leave and go back to full hp the next time you meet him.
- "I admit it feels awkward at first but after a while you get used to having OldKye moving within you. Like a thought parasite. Or excellent lover."
asdfen09 7 years ago#7
aeronite is a cheap fight. you must have 3-4 ethers if attempting him on first playthrough just spam chronostatis to stagger him 4 times and have 1 schema with 90+ magic resistance to switch to for all of his attacks. after he is staggered for real spam your strongest stuff and make sure to have potions with haste/brave/faith(storebought nectar of gods next to arena after completing quest) going and deprotect or you wont be able to take him down in time. havent found a better way to damage him during stager than artemis arrow al thought cloud stager skill does nice damage too but a lil less.
In ng plus there are a few more otions but much easier with ethers. Thats the only fight I needed ethers for. Optional and final boss are very easy so dont worry about spending all of your supplies here.
asdfen09 7 years ago#8
spam overclock I meant
thepatrickpet 7 years ago#9
asdfen09 posted...
aeronite is a cheap fight. you must have 3-4 ethers if attempting him on first playthrough just spam chronostatis to stagger him 4 times and have 1 schema with 90+ magic resistance to switch to for all of his attacks. after he is staggered for real spam your strongest stuff and make sure to have potions with haste/brave/faith(storebought nectar of gods next to arena after completing quest) going and deprotect or you wont be able to take him down in time. havent found a better way to damage him during stager than artemis arrow al thought cloud stager skill does nice damage too but a lil less.
In ng plus there are a few more otions but much easier with ethers. Thats the only fight I needed ethers for. Optional and final boss are very easy so dont worry about spending all of your supplies here.

thank you very much, gonna try it soon. what weapon you're using btw?
asdfen09 7 years ago#10
artemeis arrow schema - heavy slash (maxed as much as possible) farm snow palace Egyptian mobs / two other skills that boost strength bonus in free slots. acessory that boosts strength and sub accessory 100% pain resistance

sword/shield - I used store bough sword with 1300 attack and gauntlet that gave strength+atb recharge.

the schema with 4 blank sloots (sabotuer) - heavy block (or any block) / deprotect/deshell/imperil
accessory +75% magic resistance - sub acessory +10% magic resistance

sword/shield - I used store bough sword with + to debuff time and damage / shield with atb recharge

dragoon schema (5% less to stager) - any "A" spell (like ThunderA) - accessory Multicast sub accessory 100% fog resistance

sword/shield - caius sword 75% stager. shield atb recharge.

some of these accessories require killing last ones iirc. just switch to magic resistance schema for all of his spell spam dont even have to block as it almost nulls the damage with this setup but if you wana block his attacks I recommend lowest atb cost block but you will not survive his hellfire and other ultimates without heavy block cause even with 85% magic resistance damage and blocking it will do a few thousand dmg without heavy block he may do 1-2 of those during a fight so bring revival items.

for staggering him 4x I just spam best "A" spell with multicast till atb is dry - overclock - run atb dry - overclock ether (repeat till staggered it goes very fast usually) when he does his roar attack always overclock and spam magic as you kill 2 birds with 1 stone - avoiding all damage by jumping out of attack range and working on stagger.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A

How many endings are there? General4 Answers
Best weapons and garbs? Side Quest6 Answers
Where can I find Ethers? Side Quest3 Answers
Secret Ending after the credits? Side Quest2 Answers
Unappraised item? Side Quest1 Answer