Final Fantasy XIII-2: Fragments After 2

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
  3. Final Fantasy XIII-2: Fragments After 2

User Info: Destroyer_Mage

Destroyer_Mage
4 years ago#81
I always thought Lindzei created mankind in order to commit a mass genocide, which would in turn open Etro's gate.
With each passing day, the world finds new and exciting ways to kill a man. -Balthier

User Info: marcBook

marcBook
4 years ago#82
Destroyer_Mage posted...
I always thought Lindzei created mankind in order to commit a mass genocide, which would in turn open Etro's gate.

No, I don't think so. I think it was the Cocoon fal'Cie who wanted mass genocide, so the gate would open and the Maker would return.

I think the Maker could be either Pulse or Bhunivelze.
"The whole building's coming down!"
"This isn't good!!!" YOU THINK!?

User Info: j-fielding95

j-fielding95
4 years ago#83
marcBook posted...
Destroyer_Mage posted...

No, I don't think so. I think it was the Cocoon fal'Cie who wanted mass genocide, so the gate would open and the Maker would return.

Lindzei's job was to be the God's protector, it was Pulse who was given the task of finding the hidden door. Lastly, it was Etro's blood that humans were created from.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_ONVOTwt0k#t=03m49s

User Info: Elice_Carol

Elice_Carol
4 years ago#84

Cid Raines and the Analects talks about how the Maker forged both man and fal'Cie, and seeing that Lindzei's the only one who did both she is most likely the Maker everyone was babbling on about.
"The only thing that gets me high is the musky scent of my enemy's fear.'' - Stephen Colbert
http://s1136.photobucket.com/albums/n496/Elice_Carol/

User Info: kate08

kate08
4 years ago#85
marcBook posted...
Destroyer_Mage posted...

there are 3 makers, Pulse created the Planet and the Pulse Fal'cie so he would be their maker and Lindzei created Falcie and humans before creating cocoon so he/she is their maker. bhunivelze created them so he is their Maker. the only one who isnt refered to as maker is Goddess Etro. to the cocoon fal'cie this was Lindzei if you play chapter 10 and listen to cid you'll work it out.

i dont think Lindzei wanted the humans to be wiped out, the first human was created in Etro's image which was Yeul. was humanity created as a bi-product of Lindzei trying to save him/her sister?. maybe Lindzei created the fal'cie but realised they were to limited and created humans who could inherit power form him/her because he/she need help with protecting Bhuni and finding the gate.

User Info: TheHolySummon

TheHolySummon
4 years ago#86
j-fielding95 posted...
marcBook posted...
Destroyer_Mage posted...

Lindzei's job was to be the God's protector, it was Pulse who was given the task of finding the hidden door. Lastly, it was Etro's blood that humans were created from.

True, Pulse was the one to find the door, but it seems that Pulse and Lindzei teamed up to do it in the end, at least in regards to some worlds. In Type-0, the Lindzei fal'Cie was instructed by Lindzei to create warfare and that the death of many would hopefully open the door. For that world, Diva is a fal'Cie who is actually a twin (one fal'Cie, of sorts, two identical bodies) - one side from Pulse, the other side from Lindzei - to look over and accomplish either Pulse's way or Lindzei's way towards the door's opening. Point is, while the Ultimania does say that Barthandelus came up with the sacrifice idea on his own, it's also likely that Lindzei's design filtered through to him, even if subconsciously - like how Bhunivelze made Etro in the visage of Mwynn.

Elice_Carol
4 years ago#87
i dont think Lindzei wanted the humans to be wiped out, the first human was created in Etro's image which was Yeul. was humanity created as a bi-product of Lindzei trying to save him/her sister?. maybe Lindzei created the fal'cie but realised they were to limited and created humans who could inherit power form him/her because he/she need help with protecting Bhuni and finding the gate.

Here's the thing, though: Why did Lindzei completely ravage Pulse after the War of Transgression? Was it out of anger regarding humanity's conflict with one another?
"The only thing that gets me high is the musky scent of my enemy's fear.'' - Stephen Colbert

User Info: madapocket

madapocket
4 years ago#88
Hmm. Hope is mentioned more than twice in Lightning's story....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cnyYFxOlmk

Elice_Carol
4 years ago#89
Hmm. Hope is mentioned more than twice in Lightning's story....

Hmm. That's all you ever talk about.
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
  3. Final Fantasy XIII-2: Fragments After 2

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived