• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
  3. I find it curious that Hiroyuki Ito is not working on any more FF games

User Info: Galvanization

Galvanization
6 years ago#1
In the recent 1UP interview, the following was said:

1UP: Do you anticipate working with the Final Fantasy series again? Is that something you'd like to do or something you think you'll do?

HI: I'm a working stiff, so if the president tells me to do it, I'll do it. [laughs] Talk to Mr. Wada.

http://www.1up.com/features/final-fantasy-hiroyuki-ito-science

So he's not working on any FF games at the moment. Therefore the "large-scale, unannounced project" he's currently working on is not FFXV. It must either be a new IP or a sequel to an already established IP (Vagrant Story II, The Last Remnant II).

Another point to consider is that Yoichi Wada has probably moved Ito off FF and let him create his own series. This was likely done as a promotion due to the critical acclaim the gameplay of FFXII got from Japanese and Western critics. This reason is likely as Ryutaro Ichimura, producer of DQVIII and DQIX, was promoted and moved off the DQ series after the success of DQIX. He now has his own internal team which is currently making a new Action RPG using Unreal Engine 3.

Here is the Famitsu scan with the news of the Action RPG being made with Unreal Engine 3:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/547/squareenixrpgfamitsusca.jpg/

For the TL;DR people: I think Hiroyuki Ito was promoted by Yoichi Wada and moved off the FF series. He's now got his own internal team that is either making a new IP or a sequel to an established IP. This game is the "large-scale, unannounced project" he's been working on for the past few years.
"JRPGs are not mainly about story. That's just a trend FF started. Look at the huge sales of Pokemon. Do people buy it for the story? No. " ~ Vex

User Info: kupo1705

kupo1705
6 years ago#2
Here we go again.

User Info: Tobi011

Tobi011
6 years ago#3
Oh wow. Here we go again.

User Info: Destroyer_Mage

Destroyer_Mage
6 years ago#4
I miss his company on sunny days :\
Because I could not stop for death,it kindly stopped for me.
Currently playing Sleeping Dogs.Sleeping Dogs is a true gem and more people should play it :)

User Info: King_Shortt_IX

King_Shortt_IX
6 years ago#5
Good for him. It is a fool's errand to be working on FF games right now,
The contents of this post may not reflect the views of the poster.

User Info: ilikeikeilikeik

ilikeikeilikeik
6 years ago#6
Looks like Team Rocket is blasting off again!
Most wanted games:
Type-0, BD:FF, FE: Awakening, Project X Zone, Xillia, Xillia 2

User Info: TheGreatPotato

TheGreatPotato
6 years ago#7
Lol@gameplay of 12. He could make an interactive stop motion movie.
Dresdenfall is amazing, if you know what I mean :) /wink wink
Mada status: arguing with a fat moogle.

User Info: hyro56

hyro56
6 years ago#8
SE doesn't need new IPs. They did to fix their internal corporate issues.
Please feel free to correct me on my grammar and/or spelling. I appreciate your help.

User Info: Raltzer

Raltzer
6 years ago#9
*opens topic*

*realizes it's a Galvanization topic*

*leaves topic*
FFXIII-2: 94% false advertising. It turns out those numbers weren't entirely pointless.

User Info: Galvanization

Galvanization
6 years ago#10
King_Shortt_IX posted...
Good for him. It is a fool's errand to be working on FF games right now,

His new IP could end up selling more than FFXIII is it gets good review scores and has good gameplay.
"JRPGs are not mainly about story. That's just a trend FF started. Look at the huge sales of Pokemon. Do people buy it for the story? No. " ~ Vex
  1. Boards
  2. Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
  3. I find it curious that Hiroyuki Ito is not working on any more FF games
  • Topic Archived