• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
  3. can't find anyone to invade in FOB?

User Info: Zefan-jack

Zefan-jack
2 months ago#1
I just picked up this game again after 4 years of not playing it. I have been playing lots of FOB missions and improving my ranking. But now I cannot find anyone whatsoever to invade. I refresh over and over again and the tabs are all empty. What gives? Is this mode totally dead?

User Info: Arkane Denial

Arkane Denial
2 months ago#2
There's always something in the lists, it's never empty.

However:

It was also empty for me for the first few minutes when I restarted after 5 years.

I played missions and passed some time, eventually the FOB target lists appeared.
Bark at the Moon

Zefan-jack
2 months ago#3
I have just found a couple of bases to infiltrate but it took a lot of refreshing. Maybe it has something to do with my increased ranking. I know that you are only shown PFs of equal grades.
I am curious to know your goals with this game. Why have you picked it up again? For me, it was to obtain the highest possible espionage grade.
(edited 2 months ago)

Arkane Denial
2 months ago#4
I just decided to replay it for no real reason other than nostalgia.

My first playthrough was on the PS3 and I got this PS4 Definitive Experience version for 5 bucks at the store sale.

My MB coins from the PS3 version got transferred over. Good thing I got thousands in reserve.

I just want to casually max out everything until I get 12 mines for the FOB and probably retire the game again or play MGO, if time and mood permits.

Bark at the Moon

Zefan-jack
2 months ago#5
Max out everything? I imagine you'll be invading a lot of FOBs. How often do you succeed in them? I am having a lot of trouble with them recently. I succeed once out of every like 12 infiltrations.

Zefan-jack
2 months ago#6
Btw, if anyone is interested, turbofan75 is running a security challenge on ps3 and giving away free S++ staff. Over 3300 left at the time of making this post

Arkane Denial
2 months ago#7
Zefan-jack posted...
Max out everything? I imagine you'll be invading a lot of FOBs. How often do you succeed in them? I am having a lot of trouble with them recently. I succeed once out of every like 12 infiltrations.

I'm hesitating with my goals tbh, I don't have that drive anymore.

The only way to spice things up is to invade an alt at the security challenge and watch as you get invaded back by active players.

They need players in their indirect retaliation list and the only way to do that is to bait people at the security challenge.

I still grab S++ from events like Skulls, Mosquito's Legacy, etc. Just playing it casual until my mood rises again.
Bark at the Moon

Zefan-jack
2 months ago#8
"They need players in their indirect retaliation list and the only way to do that is to bait people at the security challenge"

I thought that the security challenge does not allow for retaliatory wormholes. How would they invade you? I'm a bit confused by what you said.

Arkane Denial
2 months ago#9
Oh, my mistake, I mixed it up.

It's those empty security bases with nukes that's baiting people, not security challenge.
Bark at the Moon

Zefan-jack
2 months ago#10
So you invade a base with a nuke and then all of the base owner's supporters come after you? Wouldn't the wormhole close after one invasion? Also I know what you mean when you say that you have lost your motivation. I have achieved nearly all my goals with this game so far(500 FOB wins, 3 million espionage points) and the only thing remaining is the 8 mines for my FOBs. The amount of S++ staff you need is simply absurd. Looks like once you reach the highest levels, you need to spend to compete.
  1. Boards
  2. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
  3. can't find anyone to invade in FOB?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A