• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
  3. Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes Spoiler Thread.

User Info: lastoutlaw113

lastoutlaw113
7 years ago#171
AngryGFAQer posted...
Yeah. Because a sadist that enjoys torturing others and forcing kids into sex means he's a good guy fighting for world peace.

It's never as black and white as that, sunshine.

Well there's Ocelot. And Solidus. Both were antagonists, yet their goals were taking down The Patriots if I'm not mistaken

User Info: Pinochet89

Pinochet89
7 years ago#172
lastoutlaw113 posted...
AngryGFAQer posted...
Yeah. Because a sadist that enjoys torturing others and forcing kids into sex means he's a good guy fighting for world peace.

Well there's Ocelot. And Solidus. Both were antagonists, yet their goals were taking down The Patriots if I'm not mistaken

Except for the fact that both of them committed atrocities while seeking their goals.

You forgot that Ocelot sank a ship with many innocent sailors in MGS2?

User Info: Robin_Mask

Robin_Mask
7 years ago#173
DusterxLucasFTW posted...
Call me crazy, but now that I think about it, maybe Skullface is going to end up being the good guy here. All we really know about him is that he wants to kill Zero(Who is the villain at this point) for some unknown reason. Maybe the whole reason Skullface attacked Motherbase in the first place, wasn't because he had a grudge with Big Boss, but really to lour out Zero who was in hiding? After all, in the after credits scene we do see a shot of him asking Paz where Zero is. Putting the Bombing in paz was probably just to show how sick he was. It wouldn't be the first time we got a villain who does tuns of evil/twisted things only for it to lead up to something as simple as him actually fighting for world piece.

I wouldn't compare Skull Face to other villains, he was making sure about the end even after serious torture. Only one that comes close is Volgin and he just tortured Big Boss because he killed/KO'd Raikov.
My YT: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCC8OmMlZXYXJmAi_f1vvNPg
Top games this gen: Sekiro>RE2/RE3=DMCV>Witcher 3=RDR2=GOW=BB>Doom>T7>Nioh

User Info: lastoutlaw113

lastoutlaw113
7 years ago#174
Pinochet89 posted...
lastoutlaw113 posted...
AngryGFAQer posted...

Except for the fact that both of them committed atrocities while seeking their goals.

I never said he was a white knight, I'm just saying that he had good intentions behind all of the crap he's done. I thought that's what the original post about Skull Face was implying, so I drew up the comparison

User Info: Xamehameha

Xamehameha
7 years ago#175
lastoutlaw113 posted...
Pinochet89 posted...
lastoutlaw113 posted...
AngryGFAQer posted...

I never said he was a white knight, I'm just saying that he had good intentions behind all of the crap he's done. I thought that's what the original post about Skull Face was implying, so I drew up the comparison

Most mass murderers in history had "good intentions".

User Info: eric_otness

eric_otness
7 years ago#176
Xamehameha posted...
lastoutlaw113 posted...
Pinochet89 posted...
lastoutlaw113 posted...
AngryGFAQer posted...

Most mass murderers in history had "good intentions".

Yeah, and at this point, its obvious Skull Face's "intentions" aren't really good at all.

User Info: kill_distroy

kill_distroy
7 years ago#177
A very interesting post from MGSforums concerning Skull Face: http://mgsforums.com/single/?p=9180565&t=7664220

Here's the post from User SOLID_TRANE: "In the secret Skull Face tape, we hear that his home was a small village, surrounded by oil facilities of some sort and factories. We get to know that the factory made and repaired weapons and eventually got destroyed thanks to bombers, because spies reported gun making activities. Skull Face burned here, the reason for his skin deformation. He says that his language was forgotten and never spoken by him This is from his tape. I just found a tape, which is Chico tape 5. There is a conversation at the beginning section of the tape, he says to his men "Take him back to his cage" referring to Chico. He then responds "What did I do" Skully supposedly hits him and says something in a foreign language. If you have subtitles turned on, you can see he said "Vigyétek a ketrecébe". Well, that is Hungarian, I am absolutely positive because I am from Hungary, and it exactly means to take him back to his cage. Now I wondered if he said it because he himself is Hungarian, or his men only understand that, but then I did some research. There is a small village here, Almásfüzitõ, which had factories around, an oil refinery and facilities and was bombed multiple times in 1944. The factory was also military outpost at the time.
Any truth to this riddle? Or played like a damn fiddle?
GT: Risev / PSN: RiseQ8

User Info: istuffedsunny

istuffedsunny
7 years ago#178
Thanks to whoever shared the audio tapes a few pages back. I'm trying to convert the Japanese ones to OGG and they play fine in foobar but won't seek. Any help? (I used ww2ogg)
I have a radio in my car.

User Info: istuffedsunny

istuffedsunny
7 years ago#179
Nevermind I was just using an outdated version
I have a radio in my car.

User Info: Pinochet89

Pinochet89
7 years ago#180
I just listened to all the Audio Logs and Tapes. Huey is definitely up to something...

Originally i thought he was being water-boarded during the E3 trailer as a sort of exercise for training to withstand torture, but now i'm pretty sure it was for real given the somewhat suspicious way in which he invited the nuclear inspection team to motherbase and how he managed to somehow survive its sinking.
  1. Boards
  2. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
  3. Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes Spoiler Thread.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A