• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
  3. Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain both MGS5?

User Info: istuffedsunny

istuffedsunny
8 years ago#1
A user on neogaf commented that both games could be the same and the subtitles are just for the trailers. It reminded me about Kojima's comment on GZ being prologue to MGS5, which didn't make much sense to me back then but suddenly I'm thinking it could be like the tanker chapter of MGS2.
I have a radio in my car.

User Info: Bloodmonath

Bloodmonath
8 years ago#2
No, they aren't the same.

Bloodmonath
8 years ago#3
And I don't exactly regard a random NeoGAF user as an authority figure on game information like this. Why not ask Kojima himself? He has a twitter account.

Then again people would probably just say in their usual stupid fashion "oh, Kojima is just lying to cover up some super duper secret!" ignoring the fact that he's been talking about Project Ogre being a unique IP forever now.

User Info: Ben Reilly

Ben Reilly
8 years ago#4
Bloodmonath posted...
And I don't exactly regard a random NeoGAF user as an authority figure on game information like this. Why not ask Kojima himself? He has a twitter account.

Then again people would probably just say in their usual stupid fashion "oh, Kojima is just lying to cover up some super duper secret!" ignoring the fact that he's been talking about Project Ogre being a unique IP forever now.

And what proof do you have they aren't the same?

Since you feel the need to go into every topic and demand "proof" from other users.
The day I met you is the day by which all others will be measured. 2/19/19 11:41 PM my baby girl entered the world

Bloodmonath
8 years ago#5
The fact that Kojima had been talking about Project Ogre being a new IP for at least a year before this trailer showed up and him openly saying it isn't an MGS title. Also, why would he unveil MGS5 this soon when Ground Zeroes not only hasn't come out yet but was only recently unveiled several months ago? Wouldn't make any sense.

At least with Revengeance it's understandable since it was in development by a separate team. This game? Not so much.

Ben Reilly
8 years ago#6
Bloodmonath posted...
The fact that Kojima had been talking about Project Ogre being a new IP for at least a year before this trailer showed up and him openly saying it isn't an MGS title. Also, why would he unveil MGS5 this soon when Ground Zeroes not only hasn't come out yet but was only recently unveiled several months ago? Wouldn't make any sense.

At least with Revengeance it's understandable since it was in development by a separate team. This game? Not so much.

Ok

What proof do you have that this is Project Ogre?

Not a single thing mentions it as such or even suggest as much.
The day I met you is the day by which all others will be measured. 2/19/19 11:41 PM my baby girl entered the world

Bloodmonath
8 years ago#7
Because Kojima said Project Ogre was a new IP and not an MGS game back before Ground Zeroes was unveiled. He also said Ground Zeroes was only a prologue to MGS5. And since he called he called it Project Ogre back then it's obvious that title was only a codename either because he didn't have a name for the new IP yet or for whatever reason didn't want to reveal it.

Why would he go back on his word of this being a new IP given how much he stressed it was in the past and how much expressed wanting to do one?

Ben Reilly
8 years ago#8
Bloodmonath posted...
Because Kojima said Project Ogre was a new IP and not an MGS game back before Ground Zeroes was unveiled. He also said Ground Zeroes was only a prologue to MGS5. And since he called he called it Project Ogre back then it's obvious that title was only a codename either because he didn't have a name for the new IP yet or for whatever reason didn't want to reveal it.

Why would he go back on his word of this being a new IP given how much he stressed it was in the past and how much expressed wanting to do one?

Ok

Again

When was anything about "The Phantom Pain" suggested or stated to be Project Ogre?

We all know Ogre is a new IP that KojiPro is working on, but nothing whatsoever suggest that this is it, if anything everything points to this being GZ itself or something MGS related.

And as I said, before Kojima CHANGED HIS MIND

Peace Walker WAS MGS5

http://pspmedia.ign.com/psp/image/article/107/1071606/metal-gear-solid-peace-walker-planned-as-mgs5-20100224005440089-000.jpg

So if the MGS5 wording hidden behind The Phantom Pain Logo is true, then who is to say that Kojima didn't change his mind and make GZs become MGS5.

It's not like Kojima isn't the master of retcons

Bloodmonath
8 years ago#9

Ok

Again

When was anything about "The Phantom Pain" suggested or stated to be Project Ogre?

Because it isn't an MGS game. So obviously it has to Project Ogre since Kojima has been telling us time and time again that he's been working on a new IP and that new IP isn't an MGS game. Not hard to figure out. Plus, Kojima always takes a few years making his next MGS installment. Do you really think he has the time or resources to be working on Ground Zeroes, Project Ogre, and MGS5 altogether?

We all know Ogre is a new IP that KojiPro is working on, but nothing whatsoever suggest that this is it

It has to be because he hasn't said anything else about working on another new IP outside of Project Ogre.

if anything everything points to this being GZ itself or something MGS related.

And so far nobody has proven this yet. Just people speculating like crazy as usual just because "lol it's Kojima! He trolls people and retcons!"

And as I said, before Kojima CHANGED HIS MIND

Peace Walker WAS MGS5

http://pspmedia.ign.com/psp/image/article/107/1071606/metal-gear-solid-peace-walker-planned-as-mgs5-20100224005440089-000.jpg

So if the MGS5 wording hidden behind The Phantom Pain Logo is true, then who is to say that Kojima didn't change his mind and make GZs become MGS5.
And it was revealed to be a working title. This is old news. This is just more irrelevant conjecture. It does not prove this is MGS5.

Then explain why The Phantom Pain is titled as such and not MGS5 and why Ground Zeroes is simply subtitled Ground Zeroes and not MGS5.

Bloodmonath
8 years ago#10
It's not like Kojima isn't the master of retcons

And that's the only reason you guys even think these dumb thoughts have any weight is because he changes his mind so much. So you latch onto any crazy theory you can come up with just because "lol Kojima trolls and retcons!"

So in other words, you don't have any proof that this is MGS5. It's just the MGS fans being their usual airheaded selves by connecting everything Kojima does to MGS like they always do.
  1. Boards
  2. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
  3. Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain both MGS5?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A