• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Fantasy Book II
  3. Random Discoveries of Intrigue...Part 2.
Alltra 7 years ago#1
So, I recently came back to the game, and I thought I'd continue my old thread where I left off.

Couple of things of note to add right away:

-Robbert enemies can steal. Not only can they steal, but it actually works now. Problem is, and this has got to be an oversight in design, you don't get the items they steal back if you defeat them. Which is incredibly annoying.

-They seem to have fixed the issue with Magic Kid crashing the game when you catch it, try to add it your party, or even walk into the bar after you've caught one.

-The first battle in the Hypothecary is glitched somewhat. You're supposed to get the "Helpbot" to join you after the fight. However, if you have monsters in your team already (and "Normally" you wouldn't, but because you can learn Warpios with Woodsman, you can revisit Southcape to get some), the scene won't trigger after the fight. This "Used" to cause another glitch where the elevator after the boss wouldn't activate, and the game would crash if you tried to use it to move forward. That's not the case anymore, this boss glitch doesn't occur anymore even if you glitch getting "Helpbot" to join you, but the Helpbot glitch remains.

One thing I'm not entirely sure about this glitch, is that it also appears to happen if you "Smash" the enemy without actually fighting it. If you don't get into a normal fight, it won't trigger either. In fact, I'm not even sure it'll trigger even if you get into a regular fight, unless you capture it during that fight. I didn't bother to experiment to see if those other factors mattered.

- I ran into another weird little glitch with the "Wolf at the Door" quest. I could complete it, but in the quest log there are two separate entries for the same quest. One has the initial text about killing the Wolfman, the second one is the follow up text about reporting back to the NPC. The initial text, however, is still white, and doesn't have a Check Mark in the box to indicate I completed it. I really don't know how this happened, because before it worked fine without this issue.

- After you complete the split scenario and gain control of Ogden, you can go back to Wintyrkil Coliseum and fight more matches. In addition to fighting more matches, you can go back down into the Wintyrkil Underground and fight Ghastly Grappler again. He rewards you with a brand new item: Firebringer Staff. Like before, you can leave the room and come back in, and fight him repeatedly for more of them.

*Edit*
...and apparently the Firebringer Staff is glitched, as it doesn't appear in the inventory after you acquire it from the Ghastly Grappler.
The meaning of life is to suffer and be miserable.
Online is the worst thing to happen to gaming. Sometimes "Done" is the best feature.
Alltra 7 years ago#2
Couple new things to note:

-Oculon appears to be a missable monster. You can only ever fight one twice. One for a Bounty on the Dragon's Horn. The other is during the third set of Arena Matches, after you finish the split scenario and regain control of Ogden.

There are several other missable monsters from the Arena as well, including Lava Man and Cute Little Pookie (Male and Female form). I've never found another location where these guys appear.

-Bitey Box, the first "Mimic" chest style monster you encounter, isn't a capturable monster. However, Mitey Box, the second form, is. Kind of weird, but whatever.

One the subject of monsters, I don't care for the new patch much. They changed monsters so they display their names. I'd rather have kept it the way it used to be, where it displayed the Monster Species. Like instead of seeing "Sara", I'd have rather they kept the species name "Robbert". It makes it easier to tell what monster you're pulling out. As it is, I honestly have no idea what monster "IIkka" is supposed to be. It didn't really need to be changed, and it's worse now than it was before in that respect...so...yeah just a minor little gripe I have.

-The last thing I'm going to mention is:
-Soul Shard
-Resonance Chamber
-Cascade Multiplexor

I found these 3 items while exploring the Tundarian Castle. Not sure what the hell they're for, but the appear to be components for making something. I checked the Crafting Table, and didn't see anything that these are used for. Judging from the story, it might have something to do with creating a Replicator, which is what they used to turn Pandora into Anesidora.
Online is the worst thing to happen to gaming. Sometimes "Done" is the best feature.
Alltra 7 years ago#3
I also ran into something else that's rather interesting while I was grinding for the Maxed Out Trophy.

Apparently the Mitey Boxes are special in another way besides being capturable. Each one in the Castle has a different drop item. I've seen 3 different drops so far, and what drops depends entirely on which Mitey Box you kill.

-Herb
-Sweet Potato Juice
-Elixir

It's hard to describe where each one is to identify which one drops which item though. But basically, it seems like the drop depends on the individual Mitey Box.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Fantasy Book II
  3. Random Discoveries of Intrigue...Part 2.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A

What AM I missing?!?!?!? General1 Answer