• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Fantasy Book II
  3. I think I broke the game :( (Super spoilers)
meandean77 8 years ago#1
So, I was on the story mission "Find a way to help Milly" and I had just learned Warpios so I decided I was going to go do some bounty missions I missed before continuing on past the first coliseum battle. I warped to Port Awesomegrogg, killed the spark, captured the land shark (but had no one to turn them in to) so then I warped to Frostsword to turn in some missions.

As soon as I set foot in Frostsword after warping, the cutscene where Pirate Bill and Ogden run to the ship triggered again, leading to the cutscene sailing on the sea and running into Rooster's ship again. The battle with Rooster's ship started again as well.

At this point, I checked my mission status again and it showed "Find a way to help Milly" checked off and greyed out with a new entry for Defeat Rooster's Ship in addition to the first one. I played through the ship battle again, got marooned in South Cape again and the story mission "Get your Bearings" was active again.

After I left the house though, there was no cutscene with the Queen, it was just like walking in and out of any other building in the town. OK...weird.

So I do a few other side missions, capture a blue hog Porkles, and end up with the "more than 4 party members" glitch. I eventually go back to the coliseum to finish battles. I get through another 3 or 4 battles maybe and the next time I try to go in, the Pit Master tells me "Coliseum's closed for the day, orders from the boss, nothin' I can do 'bout it."

So I figure I have more to do somewhere so I venture into the coliseum dungeons, hit the switches, drain the water, fight the genie guy, get the Blessed Sword and decide to go back and try to do more coliseum battles. I still get the same message.

At this point, Get Your Bearings is still active, it seems I cannot progress any further anywhere. Any time I Warpios to Frostsword, the loop starts over again and new entries for those missions are added to the log.

Am I broken for good?
PSN: meandean77
meandean77 8 years ago#2
I suppose I should also mention that I am playing exclusively on the Vita.
pawsrpg 8 years ago#3
meandean77 posted...
I suppose I should also mention that I am playing exclusively on the Vita.

This information was really solid -- we were able to reproduce the issue exactly and know how to fix it in a future patch. In the meantime, we'd love to take a crack at fixing your save file. Do you have access to a PS3?
meandean77 8 years ago#4
Oh great! I do have a PS3 as well!
pawsrpg 8 years ago#5
meandean77 posted...
Oh great! I do have a PS3 as well!

Excellent. Can you please send us a copy of your save to support@mutekicorp.com?
Here's instructions on how: http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/how-to-back-up-and-import-ps3-game-saves/

We can definitely use it for testing purposes and we may be able to send you a repaired file so you don't lose your progress.
meandean77 8 years ago#6
OK, bombs away. Thanks for your help, I hope they can fix me up.

You're doing a great job!
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Fantasy Book II
  3. I think I broke the game :( (Super spoilers)
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A

What AM I missing?!?!?!? General1 Answer