Moments you think 'cmon, are you kidding me'

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. The Denpa Men 2: Beyond the Waves
  3. Moments you think 'cmon, are you kidding me'

User Info: Mike9090

Mike9090
8 months ago#1
I came up with this because I just got a grape seed and got a super rare enemy (Molar) and it gave me 17250 xp per person. One of my guys is dead and is missing out... :(
3DS friend code: 0662-8427-8208
Send me a message if you want to add me

User Info: SapphireOfChaos

SapphireOfChaos
8 months ago#2
Don't feel bad. This game has the fastest grind of the series, as you can potentially take a character from Lv1 to Lv99 in like 13 kills of Rotten Molars later on, with the right gear on.
3DS: 1590-4884-9269 | Switch: SW-3337-1639-7884
Discord link: https://discord.gg/hDQ6rWb | The more you learn, the less you know, maaan...

Mike9090
8 months ago#3
I haven't seen any of those but I'll try, do you know what gear I need?

SapphireOfChaos
8 months ago#4
Rotten Molars are not only the most powerful Tooth Fairy, but also count as Ghosts, so you cannot use magic on them, you need Ghostbuster or Holy Water item used to hit them with melee. Because of their high HP (too much for Octopus Arms to be any good), you need a crit to reliably do more than 1 damage, Sharp to hit them guaranteed with a melee attack, in addition to Pierce to bypass their Barrier-type skill.

So to kill them, you should have the Legendary Sword (gives you a 75% critrate), Fancy Watch (3x damage and Pierce), and Lucky Charm (gives Sharp so you don't miss). You're not going to outspeed them ever, so you just gotta pray they stay in to die.

As for getting the most EXP for a Denpa when killing them, you should have Daruma Doll (back), Number 1 (clothes), and the Lucky Charm+ (necklace). Just note that EXPĂ— gear only affects the wearer, so the rest of your team will not get boosted EXP.
Discord link: https://discord.gg/hDQ6rWb | The more you learn, the less you know, maaan...

Mike9090
8 months ago#5
Woah that is a lot, All I have from that is 2 bells for Ghostbuster and the denpa men, also if antenna power doesn't work. Is it like box boy (Gets inside his chest every time and then it is crit-only for 1 damage) but with health times a lot? I think level 21 through 16 is way too low, if not I wonder what is.

SapphireOfChaos
8 months ago#6
Mike9090 posted...
Woah that is a lot, All I have from that is 2 bells for Ghostbuster and the denpa men, also if antenna power doesn't work. Is it like box boy (Gets inside his chest every time and then it is crit-only for 1 damage) but with health times a lot? I think level 21 through 16 is way too low, if not I wonder what is.

Rotten Molar is in the post-story dungeon, so you got lots of time befire you gotta worry about that, lol. I doubt you'd successfully survive one staying to attack until you had a full team over Lv70.

Mike9090
8 months ago#7
Ah okay, I haven't even seen that back in the old days. With that I mean when I owned my first 3ds and I had the Denpa Men 2 I just unlocked the first boat (Bright blue sea only). I might have seen it but I can't remember if I did.

SapphireOfChaos
8 months ago#8
Mike9090 posted...
Ah okay, I haven't even seen that back in the old days. With that I mean when I owned my first 3ds and I had the Denpa Men 2 I just unlocked the first boat (Bright blue sea only). I might have seen it but I can't remember if I did.

Nah, Rotten Molar is unique to Denpa Men 2. It's not in 1 or 3. In 1, Molars are the strongest Tooth Fairy in 1, and in 3, there are Queen Molars and Crowns.

Mike9090
8 months ago#9
No I mean when I had this game 2 or 3 years ago, not 1 or 3, just 2. I did have 1 and 3 but I played this more.

SapphireOfChaos
8 months ago#10
Mike9090 posted...
No I mean when I had this game 2 or 3 years ago, not 1 or 3, just 2. I did have 1 and 3 but I played this more.

Oh, lol. It was worded weird, so I thought you meant you made it through 1 the furthest.

Rotten Molars show up in the postgame dungeon Inferno, and inside 3rd darkness dungeon (the ones that you need the Streetlamp to enter).
  1. Boards
  2. The Denpa Men 2: Beyond the Waves
  3. Moments you think 'cmon, are you kidding me'

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived