• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: DrMega

DrMega
7 years ago#1
Spent a bunch of time yesterday building and decorating a house. Tonight I get home from work and apparently while I was on my last supply run last night someone murdered my entire homestead - steward, wife and bard. Their bodies are all inside.

Anyone else? Is this a quest or just something mean Bethesda did to me randomly?

User Info: Wademun

Wademun
7 years ago#2
That sucks I think Bethesda hate you lol just load back . Bandit have gotten close but not that close to my family lol

DrMega
7 years ago#3
Wademun posted...
That sucks I think Bethesda hate you lol just load back . Bandit have gotten close but not that close to my family lol

Yeah, I wouldn't have been as surprised if they'd been outside. Apparently Hearthfire bandits are brazen...

Thankfully I did have a reasonably recent load. I'm just worried it'll happen again if I don't prevent it.

User Info: IPLASTIKMANI

IPLASTIKMANI
7 years ago#4
The bandits come in 3 , bandit plunderer , bandit chief and regular bandit. theyre pretty strong too im a level 60 and my bow does 289 and and it takes 3 shots for the chief.

anyways yea similar story. came home to find no music playing...MY BARD WAS DEAD :( . i hadnt brought in my wife and kids yet but yea stupid RAYYE steward didnt defend for sh!t.

so now i have vladimir from morthal to defend my family and kids there, i set up up with a banish creatures daedric warhammer and a daedric armor ! and i come hope occasionally to some bandits laid out dead in my house and front door :)

DrMega
7 years ago#5
IPLASTIKMANI posted...
so now i have vladimir from morthal to defend my family and kids there, i set up up with a banish creatures daedric warhammer and a daedric armor ! and i come hope occasionally to some bandits laid out dead in my house and front door :)

Good advice. So the lesson here is to arm your steward to the teeth! :-P

I outfitted Lydia with full enchanted Dragon armor and an enchanted Daedric weapon. We'll see if she can hold her own now.

I am still pretty surprised they are allowed to come inside. Adds an interesting dimension to homesteading, but still...

User Info: DerangedSkeever

DerangedSkeever
7 years ago#6
I have had a bandit attack my family but the main target was apparently my kid. Luckily the bandit was unaware that children were invincible. Also had my wife "kidnapped", I saved her and now she walks backwards through the house getting stuck between objects.

DrMega
7 years ago#7
DerangedSkeever posted...
Also had my wife "kidnapped", I saved her ...

How did that work? Like an actual ransom note or something?

User Info: DerangedSkeever

DerangedSkeever
7 years ago#8
DrMega posted...

A bandit came up to me telling me that they have taken her. I killed her and read the note she was supposed to give me. 5000gold i just thought yeah, No. Then went and saved her.

User Info: dajake

dajake
7 years ago#9
DrMega posted...

A bandit came up to me telling me that they have taken her. I killed her and read the note she was supposed to give me. 5000gold i just thought yeah, No. Then went and saved her.

Possible plot for the second episode of Korgoth?
GT: Danger Mole

User Info: SSJ4CHRIS

SSJ4CHRIS
7 years ago#10
DrMega posted...

That's awesome. That you went badass and killed the messenger as well as retrieved your wife. Sounds like the bandit's "messed" with her a bit, though if she walks like that.
Pokemon White FC: 0346 8604 2225
PSN: phayro_rip
  • Topic Archived