• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Kerbal Space Program
  3. Kerbal Space Program should be just as popular as Minecraft

User Info: mathwizard09915

mathwizard09915
4 years ago#1
I've played both games and like both but find KSP more funner to play because of how unique of a game it is. I know Minecraft is unique too but to put into perspective of what I mean about KSP, for many years I dreamed of a game like this. As a child, I had model/toy space shuttles and rockets but when I got into video gaming I always wondered why there wasn't any rocketry game that was decent where maybe one could make their own rockets. I was blown away when I first heard about KSP back when it was still an alpha. I've played Minecraft and recognize it's greatness too but it doesn't have a lasting feeling in me after I finished playing it. To be honest I think Minecraft has been heavily overhyped.

Anyone else agree?
Sean D. Johnson

User Info: Jormungandr83

Jormungandr83
4 years ago#2
I think this game is awesome, fun, and educational--I had no idea how little I understood orbital physics and such before I played this. The sandboxy goodness is just great for me.

As for Minecraft, it has a 3 things going for it that I think contribute to its popularity: accessibility (it's easier to learn and play), multiplayer, and combat. I mean, a lot of people who play games like to kill things and certainly like to kill each other, and KSP has none of that.

I wish KSP was widely popular like Minecraft, because I think these types of games are important and interesting. And come on! It's SPACE.
You're too late. I gave the job to some spellsword.
  1. Boards
  2. Kerbal Space Program
  3. Kerbal Space Program should be just as popular as Minecraft
  • Topic Archived