• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Kerbal Space Program
  3. 0.24 out (First Contract)

User Info: FatRatKnight

FatRatKnight
5 years ago#1
Instead of doing stuff aimlessly, we can now aimlessly do stuff related to contracts. I figure I'd follow the trend of topics pointing out new releases.

In case you somehow forgot where KSP site is located:
https://www.kerbalspaceprogram.com/
Please be specific when titling topics. I want to know what it's about before I click it!
If there's spoilers involved, feel free to remain ambiguous!

User Info: mrcod4

mrcod4
5 years ago#2
Does this automatically download on Steam?
GT:mrcod6 PSN:anteatersPWN

User Info: Pirwzwhomper

Pirwzwhomper
5 years ago#3
Yes it's automatic on Steam.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v39/Pirwzwhomper/C-Hheh.jpg

User Info: Gastroid

Gastroid
5 years ago#4
I'm a bit mixed on contracts so far. I certainly love the direction that they went with them, but I'm still not sure of whether or not having a full list of "test part at x altitude at y speed" contracts are really fun for me to do. Those big, multi-part contracts for exploring the Mun, or Minmus and the like, I really enjoy, though. Those push me to set new goals. But that means I find myself not wanting to do nine out of ten missions because I just don't find joy in focusing intently on my speed and altitude to test a random part I stuck on my spacecraft solely for that mission.

I have to do them though, and those Kerbal rescue missions, as grind work to be able to afford the really fun contracts. Can't go to Duna without doing a hundred part tests for cash. It's fairly monotonous, and doesn't push me to make better spacecraft, only uglier chimera craft. I can't wait to see all the mods that will come out that will add in new contract types, and add in more variety.
Rotating Signature
This is not one of them.

User Info: TitanStrike

TitanStrike
5 years ago#5
Gastroid posted...
I'm a bit mixed on contracts so far. I certainly love the direction that they went with them, but I'm still not sure of whether or not having a full list of "test part at x altitude at y speed" contracts are really fun for me to do. Those big, multi-part contracts for exploring the Mun, or Minmus and the like, I really enjoy, though. Those push me to set new goals. But that means I find myself not wanting to do nine out of ten missions because I just don't find joy in focusing intently on my speed and altitude to test a random part I stuck on my spacecraft solely for that mission.

I have to do them though, and those Kerbal rescue missions, as grind work to be able to afford the really fun contracts. Can't go to Duna without doing a hundred part tests for cash. It's fairly monotonous, and doesn't push me to make better spacecraft, only uglier chimera craft. I can't wait to see all the mods that will come out that will add in new contract types, and add in more variety.

This is pretty much spot on. I have odne like one or two actual missions. The others were testing. SOME of the testing was kind of fun. Only if it was moderately loose rules, though.
oxxxx|==============> || halomonkey1_3_5 (El Pika) said... exec poop
MC, Steam ID, most other IGN's: KITTYONFYRE

User Info: ElementalWind

ElementalWind
5 years ago#6
The in-flight testing contracts I've had so far generally don't pay nearly well enough for the hassle of getting to the target speed at the target altitude.
"debates are contests of rhetoric, not argumentative rigor." -DragooneerZero

User Info: StewleGriffinGF

StewleGriffinGF
5 years ago#7
Most of my contracts are now only getting to X celestial body, plant a flag on, or science data around. The test ones are really good for racking up science points very fast.
Mods and admins run GameFAQs like they're kings. No justice, no peace.
# of times my posts were blocked for words that weren't even in my post: 13
  1. Boards
  2. Kerbal Space Program
  3. 0.24 out (First Contract)
  • Topic Archived