• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
  3. Petition to appoint Hiroyuki Ito as Producer/Director of FINAL FANTASY XVI.

User Info: 1Truth

1Truth
5 years ago#1
Sign and spread the word:
http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/please-appoint-hiroyuki-ito-as-the-producer-director-of-final-fantasy-xvi
The Zodiac Brave Theory
A groundbreaking new discovery about the story of Final Fantasy XII. Release: November 2013

User Info: xenosaga123

xenosaga123
5 years ago#2
Yea Ito is better that Toriyama and Kitase combined. Though I really didn't like how they cut the feature from FF12 (as proven in the prerelease screens and early demo), that allowed players to use any character in town, even have the whole active/battle party active inside the cities.
Maybe it was SE's fault forcing Vaan down people's throats in cities, but they should take the FFIV-VI and FF Type 0 approach with leader switching control support for all areas.

Also battle system wise, FF Type 0 currently the best FF with the best battle system to date (well for an RPG. I still happen to like FFXIV ARR's battle system more, but FF Type 0's is really great too, especially with systems like the kill sight system that adds more skill and reward to timing.

but yea FF12's battle system is among the top 4 best FF battle systems, the others being FF11, FF14 ARR and FF Type 0.

User Info: lostsymphony

lostsymphony
5 years ago#3
xenosaga123 posted...
Yea Ito is better that Toriyama and Kitase combined. Though I really didn't like how they cut the feature from FF12 (as proven in the prerelease screens and early demo), that allowed players to use any character in town, even have the whole active/battle party active inside the cities.
Maybe it was SE's fault forcing Vaan down people's throats in cities, but they should take the FFIV-VI and FF Type 0 approach with leader switching control support for all areas.

Also battle system wise, FF Type 0 currently the best FF with the best battle system to date (well for an RPG. I still happen to like FFXIV ARR's battle system more, but FF Type 0's is really great too, especially with systems like the kill sight system that adds more skill and reward to timing.

but yea FF12's battle system is among the top 4 best FF battle systems, the others being FF11, FF14 ARR and FF Type 0.

lol cmon you're kidding right

User Info: Phaild

Phaild
5 years ago#4
It is.

I wouldn't touch FFVII-IX with a long stick anymore.

X is still tolerable with its whole "Rotate party members for maximum efficiency" system, but it still breaks the flow when exploring your environment.
Current rank: Cpl. / Exp. required for promotion: 7 days
Caballeros.

User Info: Ashe10

Ashe10
5 years ago#5
lostsymphony posted...
xenosaga123 posted...

Not Kidding, FFXII FTW!! best battle system
FFXIV ARR Character Ashelia Dalmasca World: Cerberus
http://www.youtube.com/user/xAshe10x

User Info: 1Truth

1Truth
5 years ago#6
Ashe10 posted...
lostsymphony posted...
xenosaga123 posted...

Yeah, without doubt the best battle system to ever appear in a JPRG.
The Zodiac Brave Theory
A groundbreaking new discovery about the story of Final Fantasy XII. Release: November 2013

User Info: lostsymphony

lostsymphony
5 years ago#7
Ashe10 posted...
lostsymphony posted...
xenosaga123 posted...

FFXII was NOT the concerning part of that list lol -_-

User Info: Phaild

Phaild
5 years ago#8
lostsymphony posted...
Ashe10 posted...
lostsymphony posted...
xenosaga123 posted...

FFXII was NOT the concerning part of that list lol -_-

Do tell. I agree with his statement.

ARR has a great battle system accompanied with very interesting boss fights, definitely far more interesting ones than in a single player FF.

Type-0 is just great fun overall with tons of different playstyles.

Haven't played enough FFXI to assess it.
Current rank: Cpl. / Exp. required for promotion: 7 days
Caballeros.

User Info: XCrimsonSamurai

XCrimsonSamurai
5 years ago#9
Yeah, because Japanese companies acknowledge petitions from other countries.
PSN and NNID: CrimsonSamuraiX

User Info: droogie1981

droogie1981
5 years ago#10
I found ffxiis battle system to be boring. If you knew how to set up gambits then all you did was play using the analog stick walking from point A to point B. the summons and the limit breaks were colorful and all, but were kind of pointless unless you were really underleveled.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
  3. Petition to appoint Hiroyuki Ito as Producer/Director of FINAL FANTASY XVI.
  • Topic Archived