• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
  3. The ultimate fast EXP Leveling Guide for level 1 to lv 50 right here ^_^

User Info: xenosaga123

xenosaga123
7 years ago#1
Also to note that food gives extra % of EXP bonus.

Being in a high ranked Free Company gives bonus EXP earnings.

and I think having a level 50 class, raises 50% EXP you earn for anything else you level up (supposedly).

You can use preorder/CE headgear items for bonus EXP for level 1-9.

http://accomp.me/ffxiv/fate-farming-guide/

1. Large party FATEs

For those who don’t know, Full Party FATE farming is the fastest way to gain experience in FFXIV: ARR. FATEs are dynamic events that spawn throughout the various regions of Eorzea. Based on your participation in the FATE, you earn experience and additional rewards, such as Grand Company seals. By quickly moving from one FATE to another for an extended period of time with a large group, you can level up very quickly.

Please consider the follow list as a reference for which zone you should be farming FATEs in, depending on your level. While I won’t go into great detail about priority of FATEs, please note there are specific FATEs in each zone that yield much higher experience than others and these should be prioritized.

1-12: Horizon in Western Thanalan (Thanalan)
13-20: Aleport in Western La Noscea (La Noscea)
21-30: Quarrymill in South Shroud (Black Shroud)
28-34: Wineport / Costa Del Sol in Eastern La Noscea (La Noscea)
30-38: Dragonhead in Coerthas Central Highlands (Coerthas)
38-42: Revenant’s Toll in Mor Dhona
42-50: Ceruleum Processing Plant in Northern Thanalan (Thanalan)
Rule of thumb: If more than 50% of the FATEs spawning in your zone require you to sync your level down, you should move on to a higher level zone.

mix it up with dungeon runs (highest you can do), sidequests, and guildhests and you can level up faster.

So for example, you are running fates with parties, the party disbands, or you feel like getting
EXP another way, you have these options:

2. Side Quests (particularly the higher level zones give bigger rewards)
3. Story Quests (they always give lots of EXP)
4. Guildhests (reuse the highest level one you can do for quick EXP)
5. Primals (easy trial like Ifrit could still give you like 2k-4k EXP, plus help people advance.)
6. Guildleves/Levemete (another way to get EXP, and Grand Company leves give you seals too.)
7. Hunting log (if you have a guide to find them all, this builds a lot of EXP.)
8. Dungeons (highest level dungeon you can do. repeated runs has great series of EXP.)
9. EXP mobs (if soloing, kill mobs inbetween Fates while waiting for duty finder to find people. )
10. Class/Job Guild quests (they give EXP and can unlock useful skills.)

4 and 8 can be done inbetween FATEs as much as you like, though they require not being in a FATEs party. so you can do #9 while waiting for duty finder to make a dungeon/guildhest party. You can also turn in sidequests, though it's not recommended using duty finder
while actively doing a story quest or anything Fate party related.

Overall, Sidequests, Dungeons, Class/Job Guild quests, a combination of the
highlighed ones provide a consistent generation of EXP, with a variety of things to do besides
FATEs. If you do pure FATEs, you get lots of EXP, but if you wanna get EXP other ways, that list shows a number of ways to still get decent EXP rates.

the highlighted ones are generally the most consistent ways to get EXP.

User Info: Mr_Takisuteni

Mr_Takisuteni
7 years ago#2
This guide is not reliable for sure.

Fate locations mentioned from level 30-38 and 38-42 are horrible. There are better places to farm fates in that level range.
"There's sand on my BOOTS!"
PSN: Takiowns

User Info: thewindninja

thewindninja
7 years ago#3
Mr_Takisuteni posted...

Fate locations mentioned from level 30-38 and 38-42 are horrible. There are better places to farm fates in that level range.

I'm 38 and need to fate farm to 50. Where do I go?

User Info: ULoki

ULoki
7 years ago#4
thewindninja posted...
Mr_Takisuteni posted...

North Thana > CPP

User Info: Ghetsis

Ghetsis
7 years ago#5
ULoki posted...
thewindninja posted...
Mr_Takisuteni posted...

North Thana > CPP

I'm level 38 too, should I really be leveling there? All I see are FATEs around level 49, I'm not sure I'd be able to survive there...
For those players who don't speak Australian, we have provided an English translation of the previous scene. Do you want to replay the scene?

User Info: VeryLaZ

VeryLaZ
7 years ago#6
I know it says in the game having a high level class will speed up the time it takes for low level classes to level up, i.e. having a 50, then starting one at level one, but could it really be a 50% boost? Does anyone know if this is true, or how much it really is...
PS3 VeryLaZ
Wii U Mr.Video

User Info: Ghetsis

Ghetsis
7 years ago#7
VeryLaZ posted...
I know it says in the game having a high level class will speed up the time it takes for low level classes to level up, i.e. having a 50, then starting one at level one, but could it really be a 50% boost? Does anyone know if this is true, or how much it really is...

I'm pretty sure it's 50%. I got 30k exp from the Cancer FATE, while some of my other party members said they only got 20k (and they weren't underleveled, either.)
For those players who don't speak Australian, we have provided an English translation of the previous scene. Do you want to replay the scene?

User Info: ULoki

ULoki
7 years ago#8
Ghetsis posted...
ULoki posted...
thewindninja posted...
Mr_Takisuteni posted...

North Thana > CPP

I'm level 38 too, should I really be leveling there? All I see are FATEs around level 49, I'm not sure I'd be able to survive there...

You can try RT but the level of fates there and Northern thana are almost the same, so might as well go to NT..smaller maps and frequent fates...try to get some party, hit/tag enemies and leave the party to kill the enemies...

User Info: VeryLaZ

VeryLaZ
7 years ago#9
Ghetsis posted...
VeryLaZ posted...

I'm pretty sure it's 50%. I got 30k exp from the Cancer FATE, while some of my other party members said they only got 20k (and they weren't underleveled, either.)

That's pretty nice then, does everyone reccommend playing a class until it reaches 50 before leveling any other classes? Does this work for all classes? Say I decide to start Goldsmith, and my Lancer/Dragoon is 50, will I see this benifit?
PS3 VeryLaZ
Wii U Mr.Video

User Info: Chariot_of_God

Chariot_of_God
7 years ago#10
VeryLaZ posted...
Ghetsis posted...
VeryLaZ posted...

That's pretty nice then, does everyone reccommend playing a class until it reaches 50 before leveling any other classes? Does this work for all classes? Say I decide to start Goldsmith, and my Lancer/Dragoon is 50, will I see this benifit?

Don't think it applies to DoL or DoH classes. Also, I was getting the 50 percent bonus when leveling my gld to 15 while my lancer was only 20ish...so I don't even think you need to be all the way to fifty; but there may be a certain number of levels you need to be higher to get bonus (I noticed it right away, then stopped paying attention to exp gained). Just got it on my CNJ again (actually was getting 81% bonus, not sure what else was going on, my WAR is 35, so maybe it scales with level difference).
Eve Online: Abel Merkabah
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
  3. The ultimate fast EXP Leveling Guide for level 1 to lv 50 right here ^_^
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A