• Topic Closed
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Duck1988

Duck1988
5 days ago#1
Give the man his slice for helping bring FF14's popularity to where it currently is right now, it's amazing what one man can do for a community. Don't be stupid and say the game's currently popularity would be where it is right now without him.

I don't even play the game but I keep hearing about it all thanks to Asmongold. The game was nowhere near my radar until he started playing it, what a coincidence.

I believe I heard they ran out of digital copies of the game the same day he started playing. If that's true there's no denying the Asmongold effect, unbelievable for what he's done for the game.

"Over the weekend Final Fantasy XIV saw a massive influx of players, and as a result, has hit its biggest concurrent player count ever on Steam – over 47k people. The cause for this is seemingly popular WoW Twitch streamer Asmongold, who joined FFXIV and immediately found themselves mobbed by players."
(edited 5 days ago)

User Info: Soulidarity

Soulidarity
5 days ago#2
Ok
Playing: FF XIV, RDR2, Grim Dawn
PSN: soulidarity -- I don't accept random friend requests. If I know you, identify yourself.

Duck1988
5 days ago#3
Soulidarity posted...
Ok
Ok

Someone's butthurt Asmongold is why FF14 is where it is right now.

Ok

User Info: Hemerukio

Hemerukio
5 days ago#4
"I didn't know this game until Asmongold played it"

Ah yes, the good ol' "my perception is what dictates reality" approach, love to see it.

C'mon, dude. I like Asmongold and think he's contributed immensely, but to imply FFXIV was some obscure game before this is just baiting.
Certified Gilgamesh simp.

Duck1988
5 days ago#5
Hemerukio posted...
"I didn't know this game until Asmongold played it"

Ah yes, the good ol' "my perception is what dictates reality" approach, love to see it.

C'mon, dude. I like Asmongold and think he's contributed immensely, but to imply FFXIV was some obscure game before this is just baiting.
Never said the game was dead or anything bad about it before his arrival, I said he helped bring it to where it currently is right now.

Without his influence there's no doubt this game's player count, popularity, and publicity would be less.
(edited 5 days ago)

User Info: Don0508

Don0508
5 days ago#6
another topic to hide
Duck1988 posted...
I don't even play the game but I keep hearing about it all thanks to Asmongold. The game was nowhere near my radar until he started playing it, what a coincidence.
So, did he convince you to play the game in the end?
If not, then this topic is completely pointless.
"Many of you feel bad for this lamp...That is because you're crazy.
It has no feelings! And the new one is much better." (IKEA's Lamp commercial)
(edited 5 days ago)

User Info: Limelol

Limelol
5 days ago#8
What a super unique take. Good thing there's not currently two threads stating the same thing.
"That is so fetch!"
(edited 5 days ago)

User Info: zammox

zammox
5 days ago#9
watching a streamer and giving them money is the modern day equivalent of phoning a sex hotline.
OP is lonely. this is a cry for help.
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Duck1988
5 days ago#10
el_tercer_poder posted...
So, did he convince you to play the game in the end?
If not, then this topic is completely pointless.
No because I care to only play one MMO at once, and that's Lost Ark for me. It's not pointless to point out what somebody has done for a community.
  • Topic Closed

GameFAQs Q&A