• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
  3. Noob question about new classes

User Info: Baiine

Baiine
1 week ago#1
Do Classes that came in later expansions have access to older raid/dungeon weapons/gear that would below their starting lvl? Ex. If I want my samurai to have a particular weapon say from ifrit, will he have his own version of this weapon? Also does this scenario apply across the board…dungeons too

User Info: Voidgolem

Voidgolem
1 week ago#2
think the extreme primals have samurai/etc loot, or at least let you trade stuff in for it.

otherwise no.
https://i.imgur.com/Uiyemc7.jpg

User Info: MajinUltima

MajinUltima
1 week ago#3
The trend seems to be they only get weapons from the content within their level range from whence they were introduced, mostly. And PotD and HoH since those axiomatically require weapon models for their functionality.
So the answer is a mix of Yes and No. GNB and DNC didn't get much.
Herein I commit the chronicle of the traveler. Shepherd to the stars in the dark. Where you walk, my dearest friend, fate shall surely follow.

User Info: lightdragoon88

lightdragoon88
1 week ago#4
MajinUltima posted...
The trend seems to be they only get weapons from the content within their level range from whence they were introduced, mostly.

This.

Samurai starts at 50 and since Ifrit weapons are lvl50 it gets one.
I seek Knowledge. The most valuable resource of all.

User Info: RocketJess

RocketJess
1 week ago#5
Samurai does have an Ifrit weapon, yes.

Red mage and samurai got a much better range of "old primal" weapons than gunbreaker and dancer did. But they still had a few weapons added, and certainly all the dungeons within their levelling range had weapons.
RocketJess, blasting off again!
PSN: iscah_rambles

Baiine
1 week ago#6
So basically don’t expect much for reaper in terms of older weapons as they start at 70?

User Info: lightdragoon88

lightdragoon88
1 week ago#7
Baiine posted...
So basically don’t expect much for reaper in terms of older weapons as they start at 70?

Pretty much. Any weapons style below 70 are no go for Reaper and Sage.
I seek Knowledge. The most valuable resource of all.

Baiine
1 week ago#8
Got it thanks

User Info: TG_Wolf

TG_Wolf
1 week ago#9
They do sometimes "make up" for it with some nice glamour during events though.
[Furry and Proud of it ^_^] DTARMGSYFWC
Official: Wolf of Everything, Madara Uchiha, Muu of UNSR/4, Saberwulf of KI and Cyber Smoke of the MKXL.

User Info: MajinUltima

MajinUltima
1 week ago#10
I don't want to farm PotD to the extent that I'd need to for a Kinna for Reaper but it's probably gonna look so freaking good.
Herein I commit the chronicle of the traveler. Shepherd to the stars in the dark. Where you walk, my dearest friend, fate shall surely follow.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
  3. Noob question about new classes
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A