• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
DartDragoon 6 months ago#1
I finished ARR's main storyline and now it feels like the game is forcing me to play through ALL the patches before being able to get to the next relevant content. It wouldn't be so bad if the quests didn't just stop giving any good amount of EXP. Completing a quests now gives about 4000exp which is nothing. Just beat Ramuh and I just want to start Heavensward already goddamn.
PSN: AstroZombie29
Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XIV, Monster Hunter Stories 2, Blasphemous
JepMZ 6 months ago#2
Don't worry, there's a lot of character development happening which finally erupts into the next expansion
http://tinyurl.com/LBPComic 3ds new leaf: 2680-9862-6140
Dragon's dogma Pawn: Brion; lv 23, Fighter, Scather; Mitigator
Shadygrove 6 months ago#3
IIRC 2.0 to 2.55 and the end of ARR is 80 quests, down from 100.

There are only two things that may be infinite. The universe and human stupidity. I am not sure about the universe. - Albert Einstein
The_Abhorrent 6 months ago#4
DartDragoon posted...
Just beat Ramuh and I just want to start Heavensward already goddamn.

Everything after Ramuh is essentially the build-up to the expansion proper.
While it technically isn't part of the expansion, the plot for the expansion starts now.

Just keep going, you're on the home stretch.
He who isn't afraid to stand by his ideals...
Isn't afraid to stand alone.
WoodenRook 6 months ago#5
https://ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/wiki/Main_Scenario_Quests

So... you're at halfway through 2.3.

There's a few things not listed too. Like you gotta do the Crystal Tower raids or whatever the weebs call it in this game.

And you gotta do the hard mode Primal encounters you already did the regular mode ones for.

They aren't listed, but the MSQ will stop you until they are completed.
This isn't the greatest post in the world. This is just a tribute.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lK4cX5xGiQ&list=RD32bdevGClD4&index=13
tfc87ja 6 months ago#6
Just be glad they got rid of a lot of the purely 'go there talk to that guy, go back talk to the first guy' quests that used to be there
FFXIV: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/4384050/
PSN/XBL: tfc87ja; SWITCH: SW-1698-3369-8483
Narukami12 6 months ago#7
Beating Ramuh and starting the Iceheart story is basically the Heavensward prologue. You're pretty much on your way very soon. You'll know you've started once the voice acting becomes 10x better.
OskarXCI 6 months ago#8
When the voices for most of the characters change, that's when you have reached 3.0 / Heavensward.

Big follower of Monolith Soft, Vanillaware, Platinum Games, Nihon Falcom among others.
HyperTailsMan 6 months ago#9
DartDragoon posted...
I finished ARR's main storyline and now it feels like the game is forcing me to play through ALL the patches before being able to get to the next relevant content. It wouldn't be so bad if the quests didn't just stop giving any good amount of EXP. Completing a quests now gives about 4000exp which is nothing. Just beat Ramuh and I just want to start Heavensward already goddamn.

The pittance of EXP was added on long after it was released.

The post-Expansion Patch MSQs are all like this. They’re not designed to level you. The Heavensward MSQ will shower you with EXP like the 2.0 ARR did.
Just call me HTM.
singhellotaku 6 months ago#10
DartDragoon posted...

ramuh is the end of 2.3 and more or less the end of arr , 2.4 and 2.5 are all setup for heavensward (it’s also more or less when they got out of relaunch the game panic mode, you’ll see a lot less filler a lot better writing right around now)

you are pretty much right at the point where the game hits its stride

the actual end point will be a cutscene after a big event that ends with a character saying they need to figure out what to do next, and you need to just hang out for a while…ie wait for heavensward to release in 6 months. The next quest will start 3.0
the community tag is a cancer on this website
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A