• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
  3. Which is harder to play optimally: melee DPS or caster DPS?

User Info: averlanche

averlanche
2 days ago#1
melee or caster dps?

Which role do you think is harder to play optimally?

User Info: Derpgoon

Derpgoon
2 days ago#2
Depends on the class.

User Info: LiasLuck

LiasLuck
2 days ago#3
black mage is arguably harder than melee because of cast times

melee is arguably harder than black mage because of positionals and just uptime in general

red mage and summoner aren't locked into as long cast times as the two and have a bunch of instant casts in their rotation to have free movement for significant periods of time compared to black mage

''I'm invincible!...Or am I?''

User Info: OmenofFate

OmenofFate
2 days ago#4
White mage is the hardest job ever
(message deleted)

User Info: Don0508

Don0508
2 days ago#6
Of course caster is harder. BLM and SMN are probably the 2 hardest dps jobs to play. RDM is probably at the same level as melee in terms of difficulty, which isn’t very difficult at all.

User Info: Shadygrove

Shadygrove
2 days ago#7
Don0508 posted...
Of course caster is harder. BLM and SMN are probably the 2 hardest dps jobs to play. RDM is probably at the same level as melee in terms of difficulty, which isn’t very difficult at all.
I would argue that RDM is easier than melee because no positionals.
There are only two things that may be infinite. The universe and human stupidity. I am not sure about the universe. - Albert Einstein

User Info: FireMageBlue

FireMageBlue
2 days ago#8
Shadygrove posted...
I would argue that RDM is easier than melee because no positionals.
And it has the inability to GCD map

User Info: DarkRPGMaster

DarkRPGMaster
2 days ago#9
Melee is always harder. You have to stay on the boss, and keep your uptime as high as possible. This means making some risky plays that could result in yours or others deaths. BLM, with the addition of Triple Cast and the super fast Aetherial Manipulation, I'd argue is much easier than it once was due to the insane movement they can get now while still being able to attack.
PSN RyuDragnier, Pawn Kyna, Ranger lvl 200
Smn the hardest job to play LOL

truly truly crying laughing.
Currently playing: Kiseki series
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
  3. Which is harder to play optimally: melee DPS or caster DPS?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A