• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
  3. What Support does MCH bring to a group?

User Info: Hyper Inferno

Hyper Inferno
2 days ago#31
Someone did math on not bringing a physical ranged and instead doing double caster back in 5.0 calculating the loss of the party bonus across the party. It did turn out in favor of the double caster comp, but not by very much. In 5.1, it might be more in favor of double caster because of the massive SMN buffs, but since SMN is getting nerfed it'll probably swing back to having a ranged because they got some buffs.

Tactician, Shield Samba, and Troubadour are all legitimately strong CDs very helpful for raids that warrant bringing a ranged physical even if the math suggests they may not be worth it over a second caster. The important thing about them compared to a caster is that they can stack on top of Virus whereas with double caster you can't do double Virus.

There are also some specific mechanics where Ranged LB3 is better than Caster LB3 and E4S is one of them.
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
-Adam Savage, The Mythbusters
BakusaiTenketsu posted...
It's dps is abysmal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bF4T9TSwxAo

I seek Knowledge. The most valuable resource of all.

User Info: Seraphor

Seraphor
2 days ago#33
They funny thing is, when my group were progging Eden Savage back in July, our MCH was outdamaging everyone.

It might be low on the rankings, which are consolidated averages, but all the jobs are close enough that individual player skill completely trumps it.

Physical ranged have the least downtime of any job. That's a huge bonus in progging new fights, even if it's eventually countered by learning the fight.
https://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/19620823/
(edited 2 days ago)

User Info: Firensis

Firensis
2 days ago#34
MCH is great for dungeons and it's really hard to die...
I'm gonna get flamed for this, but IMO heavensward MCH was better. It felt way more satisfying to play.
(fir-en-sis)
(edited 2 days ago)

User Info: MMX377

MMX377
2 days ago#35
Firensis posted...
MCH is great for dungeons and it's really hard to die...
I'm gonna get flamed for this, but IMO heavensward MCH was better. It felt way more satisfying to play.
ShB MCH was improved enough and is better than HW MCH. Well, it's my opinion.
"Get up!! Show me your true power!" Ryu's victory quote in SF3
(edited 2 days ago)

User Info: Kaiganeer

Kaiganeer
2 days ago#36
they bring the best /vpose in the game
(message deleted)

User Info: Growler__

Growler__
1 day ago#38
Firensis posted...

I agree. I believe you would only be flamed because people couldn't play HW MCH or HW classes period because jobs had more substance back then. SB was also more fun than ShB as well but one thing we all have to admit is ShB MCH is the most aesthetically pleasing by far. However, I feel the aesthetic fluff blinds people to what is better fundamentally. Just because it looks the best it has ever been doesn't mean it is.
Light It Up.
Given that phsyical ranged is so easy that a bot can play it for you at orange parse level during tea it should be behind the other jobs.

They should give ranged back refresh though.
Currently playing: DQ Heroes
(edited 1 day ago)

User Info: Growler__

Growler__
1 day ago#40
Gandalf the Istari posted...
Given that phsyical ranged is so easy that a bot can play it for you at orange parse level during tea it should be behind the other jobs.

They should give ranged back refresh though.

No and no.
Light It Up.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
  3. What Support does MCH bring to a group?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A