• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
  3. New concept art for Yoshi and FF14 teams new project!

User Info: solosnake

solosnake
4 weeks ago#1
https://www.jp.square-enix.com/recruit/career/BU-BD/3BU/

https://www.jp.square-enix.com/recruit/career/BU-BD/3BU/img/index/3BU-04.jpg
"We would have no NBA possibly if they got rid of all the flopping." ~ Dwyane Wade
http://i.imgur.com/MYYEIx5.gif http://i.imgur.com/WGE12ef.jpg

User Info: The-19th-Sparta

The-19th-Sparta
4 weeks ago#2
the EPICNESS!!!!!
#40 Henrik Zetterberg | #55 Niklas Kronwall
Thanks for everything boys.

User Info: Ein_Soph

Ein_Soph
4 weeks ago#3
The-19th-Sparta posted...
the EPICNESS!!!!!
Lo que sera sera.

User Info: Usho

Usho
4 weeks ago#4
I really hope this isn't for another FF MMO. If Yoshi is planning on directing another FF MMORPG then I'm sure it will be terrible. The dude is too scared to move out of his safety zone in FFXIV as far as the repetitive formula he's formatted into the game. I cringe at the thought of him directing a next gen FF MMO. Like I said once before, I give him props for reviving FFXIV but that's where the praise ends. He's yet to move the game forward in any real meaningful way. Not when each expansion is a copy paste of the previous but with slightly new coat of paint.

If he directs another FF MMO it will just be a rinse and repeat of how he's directing FFXIV currently. You can make a game as pretty as you want or have a good story, but if the actual game is on a constant loop of itself, it won't have a long life.

/2 cents

User Info: rise_zero

rise_zero
4 weeks ago#5
Usho posted...
I really hope this isn't for another FF MMO. If Yoshi is planning on directing another FF MMORPG then I'm sure it will be terrible. The dude is too scared to move out of his safety zone in FFXIV as far as the repetitive formula he's formatted into the game. I cringe at the thought of him directing a next gen FF MMO. Like I said once before, I give him props for reviving FFXIV but that's where the praise ends. He's yet to move the game forward in any real meaningful way. Not when each expansion is a copy paste of the previous but with slightly new coat of paint.

If he directs another FF MMO it will just be a rinse and repeat of how he's directing FFXIV currently. You can make a game as pretty as you want or have a good story, but if the actual game is on a constant loop of itself, it won't have a long life.

/2 cents

Zero chance it's another mmo so you can calm down

User Info: colddeck64

colddeck64
4 weeks ago#6
I remember FFXIV 1.0 when Nobuaki Komoto took risks.

I don’t think it worked out well for the game, or the players.
People like you caused the 2008 financial meltdown. - Benjjjamin 3/7/2018

User Info: FlameMagician

FlameMagician
4 weeks ago#7
Usho posted...

/2 cents

Meanwhile ARR was released over 6 years ago and XIV is still going strong...yeah so much for not having a long life
FFXIV Loremaster
GFAQs FFXIV Board Discord https://discord.gg/2vhdf4K
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: SuperZay

SuperZay
4 weeks ago#8
colddeck64 posted...
I remember FFXIV 1.0 when Nobuaki Komoto took risks.

What risks? There was nothing innovative about 1.0. The game was released unfinished without any content, on a terrible scripts-based engine which made everything laggy. They risked only by releazing it in that state.

User Info: xenosaga123

xenosaga123
4 weeks ago#9
too bad they aren't directing a Front Mission Online 2.

anyways if Yoshi P makes a offline game, it better have male and female character creation options.
in fact, they could give players the choice between a premade personality protagonist, and a partner protagonist that is totally creatable by the player. that would be win/win for both preferences since players can main either one.

medieval/fantasy is waaaay overused in the industry, though. woulda been more interesting if they went contemporary/modern Japanese style with it. the industry is very lacking in realistic Japanese themed RPGs with pure Japanese cast and enviornments in a modern/contemporary setting (without being a horror game).

I mean like, the industry should have inventors of advanced fighting RPGs that are better than Shenmue series. with character creation and open way of life, there would be story MSQ but its up to the player how to live and set their own goals .

a single player game will be the test if Yoshi P is truly in touch with open minded game design, or if he's another Kojima.

and the industry developer should understand a game doesnt need multiplayer to have character creation. even Final Fantasy 1 in a sense let players 'create' their own hero and party.
and new RPGs can take it further with great male and female creation options.

heck, even if they go with a fully voiced protagonist, games like Saints Row 2 that a preset protagonist can have their own personality, story script, cinematics and dialogue, yet their sex, race, voice, etc. can be COMPLETELY customized, changed and up to the player (and can be recustomized during the game too)
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: Usho

Usho
4 weeks ago#10
rise_zero posted...
Usho posted...

/2 cents

Zero chance it's another mmo so you can calm down

You make it sound like I was shouting or something. I'm just saying, if it is another FF MMO then him directing it is basically a failure in my book. He's already shown he's a terrible director who not only enjoys pandering but is also too scared to take risks and step out of his comfort zone.

colddeck64 posted...
I remember FFXIV 1.0 when Nobuaki Komoto took risks. I don’t think it worked out well for the game, or the players.

I'll have to side with Zay on this one. Had Komoto released 1.0 with content and a better engine, I'm sure 1.0 would've been successful. Had that had been the case, then a Yoshi-P version of FFXIV wouldn't have happened.

Komoto didn't take any other risk outside of releasing a unfinished FF MMO. Yoshi-P doesn't take risks at all. And that's why we have a stale endgame. That's why we have repetitive content. That's why we have single player FF mentality as far as the gear system, etc. That's why we have a s*** overworld with no exploration. The list goes on.

He doesn't take a chance and work to make new, refreshing content. His repetitive formula is somehow working for him right now, but eventually, like most things in life, it's gonna fail.

/2 cents
(edited 4 weeks ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
  3. New concept art for Yoshi and FF14 teams new project!
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers