• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
  3. So a question about Shadowbringers story (beggining to Titania boss)

User Info: Snorchachew123

Snorchachew123
1 month ago#1
So far i feel the story is going to be a self contained story for the most part since while the issue with the light could cause another calamity, it doesnt seem like a lot of the already existing story elements like the fake Zenos and the stuff with Garlemald not influencing the stuff happening in Shadowbringers. Does this change later on or is it for the most part only stuff happeneing in Norvandt? (or whatever the world is called, kinda forgot)
3DS FC (1118 - 0727 - 5608)

User Info: Destin

Destin
1 month ago#2
you are correct
Destin the Valiant

User Info: MajinUltima

MajinUltima
1 month ago#3
Yes and No.
Shadowbringers has a lot of MSQ relevance beyond Norvrandt, and I consider that almost too much of a spoiler to give.
You'll see as you get there.
http://i.imgur.com/mYFkgcb.gifv

User Info: Gamemaster64

Gamemaster64
1 month ago#4
SHB isn't that self contained but on the other hand stuff that happening on the source feel like it just on the side and only shows that time is still moving forward on the source at least til the end of 5.0 and when 6.0 begins.
Ball! Ball! Poke Ball!
Ball! Ball! Ultra Ball!

User Info: Seraphor

Seraphor
1 month ago#5
I'd say ShB is a self contained chapter, but what happens in Norvrandt is certainly part of the overall story, as you'll see as you get closer to completing it.
https://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/19620823/

User Info: lightdragoon88

lightdragoon88
1 month ago#6
MajinUltima posted...
Yes and No.
Shadowbringers has a lot of MSQ relevance beyond Norvrandt, and I consider that almost too much of a spoiler to give.
You'll see as you get there.
I seek Knowledge. The most valuable resource of all.

User Info: FlyinBrian

FlyinBrian
1 month ago#7
we get more ascian lore and the real meta conflict dumped on us than ever before

the garlean stuff? small potatoes. a symptom to the virus that is the ascian threat
Sanity's really just a one trick pony, you just get one trick: rational thought. But when you're good and crazy, oh baby! The skies the limit! - The Tick
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
  3. So a question about Shadowbringers story (beggining to Titania boss)
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers