• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
  3. Just how much new content 5.0 really have?

User Info: Sir Will

Sir Will
1 month ago#21
Dmx02 posted...
So they're gone for one expac and that means they're gone forever?

Probably. We have a lot of jobs in the game. That's more and more content to make that many won't see. And new storylines to come up with.
River Song: Well, I was off to this gay gypsy bar mitzvah for the disabled when I thought 'Gosh, the Third Reich's a bit rubbish, I think i'll kill the Fuhrer'

User Info: SuperZay

SuperZay
1 month ago#22
Dmx02 posted...
We did. They're called role quests which were of high quality.

Is this a joke? They are incredibly generic and done by one template. You did one line, you did them all. They all start with NPC 'testing' you if you are the 'right' hunter by killing some trash eaters etc. What's more surprized me is DNC/GNB are done by one template too, you just visit all old cities. Level 63? Both quests are in Uldah. Level 68? Both quests are in Ishgard. Incredibly lazy copypaste.

User Info: __Blight__

__Blight__
1 month ago#23
strred posted...
right? i can't wait for shadowbringers' version of terrible, delayed content. what'll it be this time...

oh...eureka again, right? sigh.

Wait, what? Are they bringing Eureka back for SHB content?
"The Emperor protects."

User Info: SuperZay

SuperZay
1 month ago#24
__Blight__ posted...
strred posted...
right? i can't wait for shadowbringers' version of terrible, delayed content. what'll it be this time...

oh...eureka again, right? sigh.

Wait, what? Are they bringing Eureka back for SHB content?

Yes, they are doing Eureka 2 and still don't know what to do with it. Some bits from interviews

Similarly, the Eureka system (the current grindy way to get endgame relic super weapons, and now, armor) has been contentious, sparking arguments between casual and hardcore players. Yoshida says that some people have reacted positively since they get "two times the value in one piece of content" now that Eureka is essentially a new set of zones, but for others, it felt like a "burden." He explains that ideally, they wanted to have "multiple routes" for endgame weapon strengthening, but finite developer resources brought them back to Earth. As he's reminded that the deadline to finalize Shadowbringer's relic system is steadily approaching, he calls it "quite the dilemma."

Q: Might be too soon but I’m quite curious about how the contents in the future will be like after experiences from the Forbidden Land, Eureka.
Y: I’m very glad about how many adventurers are enjoying our contents that many members with Mr. Nakagawa’s lead helped making them. “Freely choosing your own adventure outside of FFXIV’s rules” kind of contents could be possible in the future. What new concept, new place, what could be fun aren’t something I haven’t brainstormed yet….Probably should start thinking right now. Initial plan for this kind of exploration content was actually much harsher. No weapon/armor from outside can be transferred so you would have to gather the materials from the monsters on the field for the crafter/gatherer to provide the weapons and armors for you and these would be the only available method of acquiring gears...

Q: Or new equipments every level up. That sounds interesting to begin with.
Y: Or possibly making your equipments from scratch again if durability runs out and you break them. (laugh) Exchanges like “I will upgrade your NQ gear for shard or 2000 crystals” or crafter/gatherers in gathered all around while the other explorers /shout for gears...kind of world. Being unable to make Adventurer’s bulletin board kinda put that idea down but I kinda wish to stretch that far.

User Info: Dmx02

Dmx02
1 month ago#25
SuperZay posted...
Is this a joke? They are incredibly generic and done by one template. You did one line, you did them all. They all start with NPC 'testing' you if you are the 'right' hunter by killing some trash eaters etc. What's more surprized me is DNC/GNB are done by one template too, you just visit all old cities. Level 63? Both quests are in Uldah. Level 68? Both quests are in Ishgard. Incredibly lazy copypaste.
So they're similar in design. Like the Job quests have been...

Ok.

User Info: strred

strred
1 month ago#26
Dmx02 posted...
SuperZay posted...

Ok.

they've never been even remotely as similar as the role quests. each and every role questline follows a very blatant formula, and doesn't even try to hide it. at least job questlines were 100% varied in how they were told and what happened. in role quests it was always "test, hunt, learn about the cardinal virtue, beat the virtue in a drawn out fight". it's like copying and pasting text and changing some words. f***ing lazy.
can't flim flam the glim glam

User Info: CrazyDiamondSP

CrazyDiamondSP
1 month ago#27
strred posted...
Dmx02 posted...
SuperZay posted...

Ok.

they've never been even remotely as similar as the role quests. each and every role questline follows a very blatant formula, and doesn't even try to hide it. at least job questlines were 100% varied in how they were told and what happened. in role quests it was always "test, hunt, learn about the cardinal virtue, beat the virtue in a drawn out fight". it's like copying and pasting text and changing some words. f***ing lazy.

Oh please, 90% of the of the job quests involved you going up agaisnt either generic organization or group that you've never even heard of and will probably never hear of again or random throw away character that played a tiny role in the MSQ and is used again in an underwhelming attempt to make them seem more relevant to the plot, not a single job questline actually has any sort of repercussion or relevance to the actual MSQ except for maybe the DRG one. Its almost like the MSQ is the anime and the job quests are all of those filler movies that never tie into the actual plot and just feel like a giant filler episode. I still laugh whenever I remember the cannon fodder ascians we go against in the SMN questline.

The few that actually do things different end up in stuff like watching curious george losing control for the millionth time.

I can understand complaining because you want the content to actually be good, not because now they only have 5 trash quests per role instead of the usual 5 trash quests per job, I honestly weep everytime I lvl up a class and know that I have to go throug 30 or so filler quests in my way.
Smash ultimate wishlist: Sora, funky kong echo. Smash dreams come true: Joker, Banjo&Kazooie, Shulk
Nonwanted characters: Geno, Lloyd(alone),Solaire(alone)
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
  3. Just how much new content 5.0 really have?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers