• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
  3. Just how much new content 5.0 really have?

User Info: SuperZay

SuperZay
1 month ago#1
I went to garlandtools database and compared all expansions (not counting any patches after them) in a few areas.

The total number of new quests:
3.0 542
4.0 530
5.0 452 ↓

Achievements
3.0 188
4.0 147
5.0 154

FATEs
3.0 151
4.0 211
5.0 108 ↓

Items
3.0 2261
4.0 2272
5.0 2142 ↓

Minions
3.0 21
4.0 21
5.0 20

Mounts
3.0 6
4.0 10
5.0 10

Instances
3.0 14
4.0 13
5.0 13

So as you can see there indeed were some content cuts, most notably 80 less quests because generic 'role' quests replaced unique job quests.

User Info: espritduo

espritduo
1 month ago#2
Huh, so it wasn't just my imagination that there seemed ALOT less fate variety in the new areas. I felt like I was just doing the same few fates over and over while grinding rep points and just assumed it was the grind setting in. Strange that they'd add a whole new system to fate grinding but drastically reduce the number of different fates you'll be grinding.
Like FFVI? Read mah prequel, The Sands of Time! http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6209029/1/Final_Fantasy_VI_The_Sands_of_Time

User Info: Sir Will

Sir Will
1 month ago#3
espritduo posted...
Huh, so it wasn't just my imagination that there seemed ALOT less fate variety in the new areas. I felt like I was just doing the same few fates over and over while grinding rep points and just assumed it was the grind setting in. Strange that they'd add a whole new system to fate grinding but drastically reduce the number of different fates you'll be grinding.

Yeah that is weird. Then again, still seems like few people are doing them.
River Song: Well, I was off to this gay gypsy bar mitzvah for the disabled when I thought 'Gosh, the Third Reich's a bit rubbish, I think i'll kill the Fuhrer'

User Info: CrazyDiamondSP

CrazyDiamondSP
1 month ago#4
Can I get a breakdown of the mounts? It seemed to me that HW with only 6 is too low tbh especially since its the only expasion that gives you 3 mounts during MSQ.
Smash ultimate wishlist: Sora, funky kong echo. Smash dreams come true: Joker, Banjo&Kazooie, Shulk
Nonwanted characters: Geno, Lloyd(alone),Solaire(alone)

User Info: HyperTailsMan

HyperTailsMan
1 month ago#5
The combination of less FATEs, crap FATE exp, and the Shared FATE system really made it a crapshoot this expansion
Just call me HTM.

User Info: Zaschie

Zaschie
1 month ago#6
CrazyDiamondSP posted...
Can I get a breakdown of the mounts? It seemed to me that HW with only 6 is too low tbh especially since its the only expasion that gives you 3 mounts during MSQ.

3.0 mounts are the Griffin, Black Chocobo, Manacutter, War Panther, Midgardsormr, and Twintania.
Beep . . . boop.

User Info: Al--Mualim

Al--Mualim
1 month ago#7
Quality > Quantity
http://tinyurl.com/ol4x8nh

SuperZay
1 month ago#8
Zaschie posted...
CrazyDiamondSP posted...

3.0 mounts are the Griffin, Black Chocobo, Manacutter, War Panther, Midgardsormr, and Twintania.

Their numbers for mounts are weird. I understand that they use datamined data and cant count midgardsormr as a mount because it adds automatically and there's no item to claim it, but why they didnt counted both primal birds? 5.0's number is off two as they added two mounts not available at 5.0 (circus ahriman and yellow cloud)

User Info: Zaschie

Zaschie
1 month ago#9
SuperZay posted...
Their numbers for mounts are weird. I understand that they use datamined data and cant count midgardsormr as a mount because it adds automatically and there's no item to claim it, but why they didnt counted both primal birds?

I wasn't playing then, but the lanners seem to have been added in 3.2
Beep . . . boop.

SuperZay
1 month ago#10
Then 7 mounts in 3.0 is correct (add amber choco to listed above), and 5.0 had 8 mounts (10 minus those two I mentioned).
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
  3. Just how much new content 5.0 really have?
  • Topic Archived