• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Flash

Flash
3 weeks ago#1
Out of all healers I barely played Scholar or Summoner for that matter.

But is there times where I have to use a specific fairy? Like dungeons, trials or raids?

What about when there's two Scholars in a party? Is it like AST where both of us use the different buff? Or it's okay if we both have the same fairy out?

User Info: Taurean

Taurean
3 weeks ago#2
There's no difference between the fairies anymore, use whichever you like better.
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: lightdragoon88

lightdragoon88
3 weeks ago#3
Taurean posted...
There's no difference between the fairies anymore, use whichever you like better.
I seek Knowledge. The most valuable resource of all.

User Info: Flash

Flash
3 weeks ago#4
Oh hell yeah, and now so I don't have to make another topic, is Summoner the same way with their pets? Or the same has it's always been

User Info: Isilia

Isilia
3 weeks ago#5
IIRC, Garuda is AoE and Ifrit is ST

No idea what Titan is for.
http://i.imgur.com/JFYhdtk.gif | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvS6zMThiZU
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/2937700/

User Info: GM_

GM_
3 weeks ago#6
They used to have different spells for different scenarios but they're the same now. Honestly I always used Selene because only the good Scholars could heal/DPS content with a support pet. I miss those days.

User Info: Zurriah

Zurriah
3 weeks ago#7
Flash posted...
Oh hell yeah, and now so I don't have to make another topic, is Summoner the same way with their pets? Or the same has it's always been
Garuda is your AOE summon.
Ifrit is your single target summon for bosses

Titan you'll want to use exclusively for it's Egi Assault 1 ability that gives you a shield. It's a 20% damage nullification shield on a 30s cooldown. Great for when you know you're about to take unavoidable damage. I find it to be extremely underrated by the community.

But the shield is really all it's good for lol. So you won't use it too much.

User Info: SilentZed

SilentZed
3 weeks ago#8
I haven't kept up on the SCH changes short of them getting gutted ability wise (though I think most of it was chuff) coming into ShB.

Why would they keep the different healing pets if they're functionally no different from each other anymore?
Currently playing - LoZ:BotW (Switch), FFXIV:SB (PC), RE4 (Switch), Crypt of the Necrodancer (Switch), Bloodborne, Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (PC)

User Info: el_tercer_poder

el_tercer_poder
3 weeks ago#9
Zurriah posted...
But the shield is really all it's good for lol. So you won't use it too much.

Unless you're doing pre-Lv.30 content, in which case it's your only single target alternative.
"Many of you feel bad for this lamp...That is because you're crazy.
It has no feelings! And the new one is much better." (IKEA's Lamp commercial)

User Info: Zurriah

Zurriah
3 weeks ago#10
el_tercer_poder posted...
Unless you're doing pre-Lv.30 content, in which case it's your only single target alternative.
Yeah that too. I maintain that they are on the right track with Titan but they should go all in with it. Its attacks are worse than Garuda and Ifrit so why not just go full support with it. Egi Assault II could be a damage buff for a chosen target and the Enkindle ultimate could be a party wide damage mitigation or regen ability or something.
  • Post New Message