• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
  3. Questions regarding Shadowbringers MSQ toward the end (spoilers)

User Info: SilentZed

SilentZed
1 month ago#1
Do we know what became of the Convocation?

Were any of the original members sacrificed? We do know that there were only a handful of Unsundered remained post-split, but I think it's weird that the Convocation was originally 14 members, then became 13 and that if you count The Twelve + Zodiark and Hydaelyn that you also get the original number of the Convocation.

I mean, sure, the number 14 is all over FFXIV both in title and other references (like the XIVth legion, etc.)

I just think we're going to see some interesting revelations regarding The Twelve toward the end of things, especially considering that we now know Hydaelyn is a Primal (just that she may be different than other Primals).
Currently playing - LoZ:BotW (Switch), FFXIV:SB (PC), RE4 (Switch), Crypt of the Necrodancer (Switch), Bloodborne, Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (PC)

User Info: chang3ling

chang3ling
1 month ago#2
It's implied that the 14th member is/becomes the WoL.
It's also implied, I think, maybe just guessed at, that the WoL/14th member is responsible for summoning Hydaelyn.

As for sacrificing any members of the Convocation as part of the Zodiark summoning I can't say. We don't know how the Sundering worked or why only 3 were left Unsundered, but I would assume strength/power would have had something to do with it.
~Prepare the laser beam. We're gonna use it tonight.
Engage the laser beam. It's gonna end your life.

User Info: BakusaiTenketsu

BakusaiTenketsu
1 month ago#3
chang3ling posted...
It's also implied, I think, maybe just guessed at, that the WoL/14th member is responsible for summoning Hydaelyn.
Where is this implied at, or is it just theory crafting?

As for TCs question...

It was stated half their population were sacrificed for the first sacrifice, and then half their population were sacrificed again for the second sacrifice. We know that Red Mask Ascians are eternal, and only 3 were known to exist (Lahabrea, Elidibus, and Emet Selch), which leads me to believe that the 14(13) had to sacrifice twice as well, which why we only have those 3.
http://tinyurl.com/ozuq4pq
http://tinyurl.com/zy566j2

User Info: FlameMagician

FlameMagician
1 month ago#4
BakusaiTenketsu posted...
chang3ling posted...

As for TCs question...

It was stated half their population were sacrificed for the first sacrifice, and then half their population were sacrificed again for the second sacrifice. We know that Red Mask Ascians are eternal, and only 3 were known to exist (Lahabrea, Elidibus, and Emet Selch), which leads me to believe that the 14(13) had to sacrifice twice as well, which why we only have those 3.

None of the Consecration would have been sacrificed. Also all overlords wear red masks
FFXIV Loremaster
GFAQs FFXIV Board Discord https://discord.gg/2vhdf4K

User Info: Sir Will

Sir Will
1 month ago#5
No way would the group sacrifice some of themselves. Especially if they're the ones doing the summoning, they'd kinda be needed.

I mean, at the very least we're implied to be related to them. The fact that one left their order just before the end would be quite a coincidence. But yeah, mostly theory crafting based on limited info I guess.
River Song: Well, I was off to this gay gypsy bar mitzvah for the disabled when I thought 'Gosh, the Third Reich's a bit rubbish, I think i'll kill the Fuhrer'

User Info: MechaFlo

MechaFlo
1 month ago#6
It's heavily implied that the WOL was an 'Ancient' that Emet-Selch knew in person. This is all but confirmed really.

HOWEVER the idea that we're the 14th member is just theorycrafting I think. A plausible theory that may well be true, but I didn't see anything to directly link us to that.

User Info: BakusaiTenketsu

BakusaiTenketsu
1 month ago#7
MechaFlo posted...
It's heavily implied that the WOL was an 'Ancient' that Emet-Selch knew in person. This is all but confirmed really.
I'd like to see where this is implied though. I'm curious how people reach this conclusion and how I missed it.

That basically would turn us into the FF equivalent of Revan.
http://tinyurl.com/ozuq4pq
http://tinyurl.com/zy566j2

User Info: strred

strred
1 month ago#8
it's not heavily implied that we were an ascian. hythlodaeus straight up confirms it when they say that us and ardbert, in their time, were the same entity.
can't flim flam the glim glam

User Info: SilentZed

SilentZed
1 month ago#9
I'd like to see where this is implied though. I'm curious how people reach this conclusion and how I missed it.

Watch the cutscene with Emet/Hades again. Right as things are getting serious, Emet sees a vision of us as we once were, an Amaurotine, and he calls it "a trick of the light".

Below is my thoughts on the whole thing.

Hythlodaeus talks about that he knows us as well, and that he recognizes another Soul is with us.

What is curious about the particular interaction is he says that the two tones of our souls are unmistakable, and the impression I got was that not only are we known to Hythlodaeus from the past, that either the individual sections of our souls are recognizable.

That's theorycrafting, mind you - but consider the logic behind it.

The "people" in Amaurot we talk and interact with are meant to be echoes from before the Sundering, and they interact with you from a standpoint of existing before the fall. So, saying that Hythlodaeus merely recognized the soul outlines is possible, but considering the emphasis and familiarity on things and "guessing the truth" as he says that Emet imbued him with, I don't believe this is the case. So it's not really possible for Hythlodaeus if he was still largely constructed to have a frame of mind from before the fall to even have an understanding/ongoing knowledge of the sharded nature of the original WoL's soul when they were an Amaurotine. This is speculation given that Hythlodaeus himself comments that Emet must have been slightly distracted in his creation in that he created him with what seems like a form of sentience to comprehend what's going on/actually happened, especially if he was formed from Emet's memories.

My theory? That the reason why the Convocation went from 14 to 13 is because two of the members merged. We have evidence that at least the Ascians are capable of this (see the Lahabrea and Igeyorhm fight), so it's not too much of a stretch to assume the Amaurotines could have also done this, though this is an assumption.

But considering also the lyrics from the Shadowbringers main theme and Hythlodaeus words' regarding our two toned soul and that it was unmistakable when he saw us.

strred posted...
it's not heavily implied that we were an ascian. hythlodaeus straight up confirms it when they say that us and ardbert, in their time, were the same entity.

Clarification - we are confirmed both by Hythlodaeus and by Emet's vision that we are an Amaurotine, but there's nothing confirming that we're an Ascian (and a bunch of counter-points that would indicate we absolutely are not one of Zodiark's tempered)
Currently playing - LoZ:BotW (Switch), FFXIV:SB (PC), RE4 (Switch), Crypt of the Necrodancer (Switch), Bloodborne, Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (PC)
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
  3. Questions regarding Shadowbringers MSQ toward the end (spoilers)
  • Topic Archived