• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
  3. Is Shadowbringers endgame content any different than previous expansions?

User Info: Atzenkiller

Atzenkiller
4 weeks ago#51
Why not come back to play through the expansion? The expansions are always worth the money in my experience, and this one has a bigger focus on the story than usual. After that just unsubscribe since there's nothing new whatsoever when it comes to endgame. It's still the exact same old s*** since the ARR days.

User Info: FlameMagician

FlameMagician
4 weeks ago#52
strred posted...
you know, at this point, might as well. the mods are so inept at their job as to allow someone to keep stirring people up in topics across literal years of accounts. any other big forum would've trashed this guy so quick.

Why are you talking to a mirror?
GFAQs FFXIV Board Discord
https://discord.gg/2vhdf4K

User Info: Usho

Usho
4 weeks ago#53
Branchos posted...
Just wondering if I should come back or not since I also pretty much missed most of last expansion

Did you honestly expect things to be any different? It's the same as when you left, just a old skin with a new coat of paint. Each expansion is a rinse and repeat in of itself, literally. Only newness so far was a "better" MSQ but even then the MSQ wasn't the kind of story I wanted it to be nor what I expected it to be based on the trailers. Without spoilers it's good but not great. Hyped up but poor. Zones are pretty and music is better. Endgame still sucks ass. And I expect 5.1-5.55 to not be anything eye opening either.

I hope I'm wrong on that, but this game has taught me to not get my hopes up to high. Yoshi-P has a way of dashing them very easily.

/2 cents

User Info: _Emi_

_Emi_
4 weeks ago#54
The 5.0 MSQ is great.

User Info: gorf

gorf
4 weeks ago#55
Anacrusys posted...
I don’t think many people including me care enough about the minion and songs to grind fates. After they get them, there is no reason to continue. Fates should reward tomes and gear drops as an alternative to dungeons. How about adding some super rare mount drops too? That would get people out in the zones to make it feel like a real MMO.

I wonder if the reason the cap for the hunt currency this expansion being so high and the cap for bicolor gemstones being so low is that we will be farming fates to upgrade our tome gear come 5.1 instead of doing hunts.

(message deleted)

User Info: NeonShadow1

NeonShadow1
4 weeks ago#57
gorf posted...
Anacrusys posted...
I don’t think many people including me care enough about the minion and songs to grind fates. After they get them, there is no reason to continue. Fates should reward tomes and gear drops as an alternative to dungeons. How about adding some super rare mount drops too? That would get people out in the zones to make it feel like a real MMO.

I wonder if the reason the cap for the hunt currency this expansion being so high and the cap for bicolor gemstones being so low is that we will be farming fates to upgrade our tome gear come 5.1 instead of doing hunts.

Gemstones and/or fate rank are going to be for the Relic weapon, 100% guarantee.
FC: 0962-9949-6556

User Info: windklinge

windklinge
4 weeks ago#58
NeonShadow1 posted...
gorf posted...
Anacrusys posted...

Gemstones and/or fate rank are going to be for the Relic weapon, 100% guarantee.

relic will be 100% new eureka again. so no on that part. as eureka would instantly die without relic tied to it. it cannot stand on its own. now of course yoshi is out of touch enough to maybe not understand that simple concept.

User Info: strred

strred
4 weeks ago#59
i hope they don't repeat that failure eureka again. everyone hated the first one and they doubled down multiple times. just nerf the hell out of everything there and forget about it.
can't flim flam the glim glam

User Info: FlameMagician

FlameMagician
4 weeks ago#60
strred posted...
i hope they don't repeat that failure eureka again. everyone hated the first one and they doubled down multiple times. just nerf the hell out of everything there and forget about it.

Many people liked Eureka
GFAQs FFXIV Board Discord
https://discord.gg/2vhdf4K
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
  3. Is Shadowbringers endgame content any different than previous expansions?
  • Topic Archived