• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
  3. Preparing for the final Shadowbringers battle

User Info: Little Zardar

Little Zardar
4 weeks ago#21
I went blind and used herd mentality. Worked great.
The Official Hrothgar of the Final Fantasy XIV boards.
https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/7371624/

User Info: windklinge

windklinge
4 weeks ago#22
the final boss is easier than shinryu. you dont really need a guide for it. neither of the final stuff of the msq is challengeing at all if you have learned your basics youll fly trough it tbh.

the only stuff you can give the label "challengeing" is extreme trials and savage mode (and old ultimates for now)
anything below that simply isnt a challenge in this game. basic competence is enough for anything else. even some ex trails are pretty much braindead difficulty wise by now.

User Info: Boliver77

Boliver77
4 weeks ago#23
Anything besides extreme trials and savage raids shouldn't require a guide. Just a few hiccups and learning moments here or there and people will get it fairly quickly.

Using a guide for story heavy s*** like this, especially with the final dungeon and trial boss, is dumb. It spoils the story and takes away some of the challenge and joy of learning the fight and succeeding.

Extreme and savage I can agree is almost a whole different ballgame.

User Info: Dragoon67

Dragoon67
4 weeks ago#24
Honestly if you beat Titania you shouldn't have an trouble from this
FFBE-Dragoon 703221428
Opera Omnia-178951914

User Info: Jolteon

Jolteon
4 weeks ago#25
Personally, I did the final dungeon with trusts. It took a little longer than it might have, but it was well worth it being able to look around and take in the backgrounds and environment.

I didn't have any issues with the trial. You should be alright and even if you have trouble, just let people know you're struggling and they'll probably take the time to slow down a bit and explain.
Is this finally a conundrum that CAN'T be solved by helicopter theft?

User Info: metallicaband

metallicaband
4 weeks ago#26
Don't over think it, get the 430 gear from the vendor you'll meet in MSQ and you're set for both the dungeon and trial, don't spoil an amazing fight by looking up a guide for it, most people already know the fight and you can always write "Hey guys, first time here" when you enter a new MSQ trial dungeon. In this game there's honestly no reason to lookup for guides for things that aren't extreme and savage fights, just spoils the fun out of it.
MGS3 Foxhound No Equipment - No Camouflage 1:38:45 Speedrun:
http://www.youtube.com/metallicaband

User Info: GRTooCool

GRTooCool
4 weeks ago#27
Thanks guys. I did this on Friday night and it was insanely easy compared to Shinryu. Of course it's the usual people who don't know how to get away from the center and eat the blast. And there's always that one idiot who never does the Active Time Maneuver.

All in all. Good stuff.
If you make an intelligent post, people tend to ignore it because they only respond to stupid. Don't believe me? Just look at most of the chained replies.

User Info: vivi21

vivi21
4 weeks ago#28
GRTooCool posted...
Thanks guys. I did this on Friday night and it was insanely easy compared to Shinryu. Of course it's the usual people who don't know how to get away from the center and eat the blast. And there's always that one idiot who never does the Active Time Maneuver.

All in all. Good stuff.

So this has one of those to? Great I stink at those.
It just isn't a Bethesda game if it doesn't corrupt my savefile.

User Info: strred

strred
4 weeks ago#29
vivi21 posted...
GRTooCool posted...

All in all. Good stuff.

So this has one of those to? Great I stink at those.

just smash the keyboard. it'll take any input.
can't flim flam the glim glam

User Info: Funcoland

Funcoland
4 weeks ago#30
white_thief posted...
Talinthis2 posted...
Just yolo it, don't ruin the fun with a guide.

It's all fun until you f*** up multiple times and waste others people's time, though I assume if you use the word "yolo" you don't have the common sense or courtesy to even consider that.

If you wipe on the trail, it's almost certainly not anyone person's fault.
NNID: MisterNoOne | PSN: The_Mistled
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
  3. Preparing for the final Shadowbringers battle
  • Topic Archived