• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
  3. Preparing for the final Shadowbringers battle
metroid composite 2 months ago#11
white_thief posted...
Talinthis2 posted...
Just yolo it, don't ruin the fun with a guide.

It's all fun until you f*** up multiple times and waste others people's time, though I assume if you use the word "yolo" you don't have the common sense or courtesy to even consider that.

past the first week I don't think I've ever seen the final trial take more than one pull. Yeah, sure, maybe someone who's new dies a few times, but that's fine. The 79 and 73 trials have been more likely to cause problems in trials roulette.
Cats land on their feet. Toast lands peanut butter side down. A cat with toast strapped to its back will hover above the ground in a state of quantum indecision

User Info: Isilia

Isilia
2 months ago#12
We're asking people to read guides on story content now?

Well, I guess it's not "now," but it still seems like a unnecessary precedent.
http://i.imgur.com/JFYhdtk.gif | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvS6zMThiZU
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/2937700/

User Info: strred

strred
2 months ago#13
Isilia posted...
We're asking people to read guides on story content now?

Well, I guess it's not "now," but it still seems like a unnecessary precedent.

that's the mentality of today's mmo player, sadly. reading a guide is apparently the same as memorizing the fight and actually putting that theory to use, without fail. read a guide, skip soar, too many mistakes = disband; incredibly toxic behaviour.

if you're so impatient and so "go go go", just quit. things do not need to be optimal and super smooth. either be willing to help learn mechanics, or don't even bother forming groups for high end stuff.

one of my favourites is "learning party, watch a video". like...ok. and what then, are you going to do when you get 7 people who all watched different videos and have conflicting, or unnecessary information making a mess of everything?
can't flim flam the glim glam

User Info: robster_2005

robster_2005
2 months ago#14
^......Shinyru when it was new caused all kinds of chaos as well - Well worth reading a guide on that so you didn't hold people back
Nemo fiducia

User Info: Isilia

Isilia
2 months ago#15
I don't mind a person reading the guide if they want things to go smooth. No issues there. I just don't think forcing people to do it for the lv80 endgame dungeon/trial is really needed.

Though I will agree Shinryu was a dumpster fire for a while, I don't think guides in of themselves would have fixed this. Hades is tuned much lower than Shin was at launch. At least I never have an issue when I get Hades at all when every other Shin party was this way.

Even then, I clicked the trial roulette, so the expectation is that I'm willing to help for older trials people are just now experiencing.

(Fun fact: I got Shinryu yesterday and boy did gear make him a sad puppy)
http://i.imgur.com/JFYhdtk.gif | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvS6zMThiZU
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/2937700/

User Info: robster_2005

robster_2005
2 months ago#16
Shin now is really good fun.......usually get him killed before he even manages to do that thin ice move. On launch it was an absolute nightmare though, specially if you lost the healers right at the beginning
Nemo fiducia

User Info: Lion2480

Lion2480
2 months ago#17
Don’t read the guide. Only read up on guide if your party continuously wipes and then disbands. This way you won’t spoil your own fun. People can get another roulette, you can’t get another “first time” experience

User Info: Talinthis2

Talinthis2
2 months ago#18
white_thief posted...
Talinthis2 posted...
Just yolo it, don't ruin the fun with a guide.

It's all fun until you f*** up multiple times and waste others people's time, though I assume if you use the word "yolo" you don't have the common sense or courtesy to even consider that.

I can definitely tell you lack a few brain cells since you are the one throwing insults for absolutely no reason. grow up. i can adapt to the mechanics usually before they go off. nearly all of them you have seen before.

User Info: GRTooCool

GRTooCool
2 months ago#19
I'm about to tackle the very final trial myself. I finished the last dungeon on Tuesday but I'm waiting until Friday to do the trial because I'm assuming I'll need to set aside time to watch the ending and whatnot.

And with only having 30-60 minutes to play on Wednesday and Thursday, that's a no-go for me.

I only have one question if someone can answer this for me. Did they make it as challenging as Shinryu? What are your personal takes on it? I didn't have issues with Shinryu personally but depending on the party via Duty Finder it could be quite the doozy (back when people aren't overgeared). So I just want to know what I'm in for.
If you make an intelligent post, people tend to ignore it because they only respond to stupid. Don't believe me? Just look at most of the chained replies.

User Info: Talinthis2

Talinthis2
2 months ago#20
GRTooCool posted...
I'm about to tackle the very final trial myself. I finished the last dungeon on Tuesday but I'm waiting until Friday to do the trial because I'm assuming I'll need to set aside time to watch the ending and whatnot.

And with only having 30-60 minutes to play on Wednesday and Thursday, that's a no-go for me.

I only have one question if someone can answer this for me. Did they make it as challenging as Shinryu? What are your personal takes on it? I didn't have issues with Shinryu personally but depending on the party via Duty Finder it could be quite the doozy (back when people aren't overgeared). So I just want to know what I'm in for.

it wasnt too bad. i think my group wiped on the second part once, i cant even remember but it was the healers fault since they both died from stuff. one tip, if you choose to accept it is to get behind his arms when he does his sephirot-esque sweep across the platform. that one seems to be the hardest to notice, at least i thought so.

i am quite looking forward to the extreme version. i think its gonna be pretty crazy.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
  3. Preparing for the final Shadowbringers battle
  • Topic Archived