You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
  3. Preparing for the final Shadowbringers battle

User Info: Farel13

Farel13
1 week ago#1
[No Spoilers please!]

Hello, I'm finally in the level 80 range in the MSQ, I completed the level 80 role quest, got my artifact gear from Grenoldt. I know the final dungeon and final trial are almost there (whatever they may be), and I just realized that what's ahead could be incredibly challenging, so I felt like asking:
-Are these final battles very difficult?
-Should I make sure to have all gear capped?
-Should I read some guides online to know the mechanics?

I got worried after last night my roulette party failed Titania (Normal), hence why I figured I'd ask. Thank you for your help!
7th January 2012 - I defeated 10 Fatestone Saruin! AWESOME!!!

User Info: robster_2005

robster_2005
1 week ago#2
The dungeon isn't bad, minus the last boss where you have to think a little, but hopefully you'll get a good party that'll help you along.

The trial is another matter though - Might be worth looking up a guide as it can be a bit of a doozy first time around
Nemo fiducia

User Info: Neridia

Neridia
1 week ago#3
Farel13 posted...
Not really, but it could result in a wipe if the party lose focus

With gears from Grenoldt are absolutely fine

Nah, just go in there and have fun

User Info: fate311

fate311
1 week ago#4
- The first and fights can be screwed up but aren't too terrible.
- Your job gear after beating the 80 role quest will be fine.
- Nah. Don't spoil things for yourself.

The trial isn't too bad either as long as you can read obvious tells.
https://imgtc.com/i/DytfiPq.gif
3DS Friend Code 3497-0786-9080

User Info: MajinUltima

MajinUltima
1 week ago#5
The dungeon shouldn't be an issue, but I'd check a guide on the trial once unlocked.
http://i.imgur.com/mYFkgcb.gifv

User Info: Talinthis2

Talinthis2
1 week ago#6
Just yolo it, don't ruin the fun with a guide.

User Info: HolySage

HolySage
1 week ago#7
Neridia posted...
Farel13 posted...
Not really, but it could result in a wipe if the party lose focus

With gears from Grenoldt are absolutely fine

Nah, just go in there and have fun

Pretty much, that is how i have done every fight since every major patch, The fights are easy enough to just go in blind, and thanks to grenoldt you no longer have to walk around in dungeon gear for the last part of the game, since he is pretty much mandatory in the story line (even though i still see people in the level 80 dungeon with pre 79 gear...)
Judgment thou must face, Thine own hell.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: strred

strred
1 week ago#8
never read a guide. it spoils the fun and is completely unnecessary in a game unless you've hit a snag and require it due to something being too vague.

don't bother capping, the ilvl required is enough.
can't flim flam the glim glam

User Info: white_thief

white_thief
1 week ago#9
Talinthis2 posted...
Just yolo it, don't ruin the fun with a guide.

It's all fun until you f*** up multiple times and waste others people's time, though I assume if you use the word "yolo" you don't have the common sense or courtesy to even consider that.
"...But none of it-- none of it-- excites my blood more than using my blade! Prepare to meet your end, Asura!!"-- Augus

User Info: Xenoy

Xenoy
1 week ago#10
They seriously aren't that hard. Like the dungeon is a bit confusing at first but you can just learn as you go. Don't look up anything. You might wipe like once in the last trial if the party is full of newbies but as everybody's beaten the trial already, you'll likely end up in a party that can just carry you even if you mess up.

If you're not sure what to do, the rule of thumb "do what everyone else is doing" applies in both instances.
(edited 1 week ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
  3. Preparing for the final Shadowbringers battle