You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Mogryking

Mogryking
1 week ago#1
Lali-ho!

I am leveling AST right now and wanted to know what the best thing to meld is when I am 80 since I am new to healers in general
Monsterhunter Mistery Dungeon Moggwa-24.3.2016 (._.)
https://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/17419471/

User Info: Kevman510

Kevman510
1 week ago#2
Direct Hit, Determination, Crit Hit... You probably don't need Piety since pretty much all the Savage gear already comes with it and you should be fine with an emergency Ether if you die. Spell Speed is ok, but you really don't need that much tbh, as long as your cast time is comfortable enough for you.

I would personally rate it Determination > Direct Hit > Crit Hit > Piety > Spell Speed.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: HolySage

HolySage
1 week ago#3
Kevman510 posted...
Direct Hit, Determination, Crit Hit... You probably don't need Piety since pretty much all the Savage gear already comes with it and you should be fine with an emergency Ether if you die. Spell Speed is ok, but you really don't need that much tbh, as long as your cast time is comfortable enough for you.

I would personally rate it Determination > Direct Hit > Crit Hit > Piety > Spell Speed.

Uhh.. he said AST, at no point, for any reason should you be melding direct hit, that is a complete waste, unless it's some idiot trying to dps 99% of the time, and even then, you're better off stacking crit. Direct hit has no effect on healing.

TC i would recommend Crit > Determination > Spell Speed. though spell speed is pretty good can even prioritize that if you like.

But be careful with above posts like these trying to give you bad advice, Direct hit is a DPS stat mainly and healers are to low to bother with it, unless all of it's focus is on it, which no actual good healer will do.

The only reason i can see this being something other then completely stupid is if you're an obsessive parser junkie.
Judgment thou must face, Thine own hell.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: FlameMagician

FlameMagician
1 week ago#4
HolySage posted...
Kevman510 posted...

Uhh.. he said AST, at no point, for any reason should you be melding direct hit, that is a complete waste, unless it's some idiot trying to dps 99% of the time, and even then, you're better off stacking crit. Direct hit has no effect on healing.

TC i would recommend Crit > Determination > Spell Speed. though spell speed is pretty good can even prioritize that if you like.

But be careful with above posts like these trying to give you bad advice, Direct hit is a DPS stat mainly and healers are to low to bother with it, unless all of it's focus is on it, which no actual good healer will do.

The only reason i can see this being something other then completely stupid is if you're an obsessive parser junkie.

No good healer would do...

Whelp guess i got to inform all the top healers they aren't good
GFAQs FFXIV Board Discord
https://discord.gg/2vhdf4K

Mogryking
1 week ago#5
Thank you :D

No I am not a parser junkie I am on console and I just want to be as useful as I can be as AST :D

User Info: HolySage

HolySage
1 week ago#6
FlameMagician posted...
HolySage posted...
Kevman510 posted...

Holy s***, you're still here?

and yes, you may, i already stated the type who does that. but considering you don't play healers, i'm not shocked at this response. and by good healers i mean people who have good reaction times, know how to handle situations, and not have their party sitting at low health so they can inflate DPS numbers. Not parser inflation. i know why some dumb ass would meld direct hit, it's just not advisable .
Judgment thou must face, Thine own hell.
(edited 1 week ago)

FlameMagician
1 week ago#7
HolySage posted...
FlameMagician posted...
HolySage posted...
Kevman510 posted...

Holy s***, you're still here?

and yes, you may, i already stated the type who does that. but considering you don't play healers, i'm not shocked at this response. and by good healers i mean people who have good reaction times, know how to handle situations, and not have their party sitting at low health so they can inflate DPS numbers. Not parser inflation. i know why some dumb ass would meld direct hit, it's just not advisable .

Of course I am, why would I not be?

They are good healers, have you not seen their fflogs?

Mogryking
1 week ago#8
FM please don't start stuff for once. please

FlameMagician
1 week ago#9
Mogryking posted...
FM please don't start stuff for once. please

I started nothing, I replied

User Info: Derpgoon

Derpgoon
1 week ago#10
Priority is generally crit > dh >= det > spsp > piety. You will generally want a non-zero amount of piety coming from your gear, but you normally have enough from the gears inherent stats and won't need to meld any.

As mentioned, dhit does nothing for your healing and only affects your damage. If you would rather gain a small gain to your healing potency in exchange for an even smaller loss to your DPS potency, ignore dhit melds.