• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
  3. The nature of souls in FFXIV (Shadowbringers and potential Stormblood Spoilers)

User Info: SilentZed

SilentZed
4 weeks ago#21
Any time the whole time travel mechanic is brought in, it's almost always handled poorly.

Although I do like how Chrono Cross does it where the other timelines are essentially f***** just so we can make one good one.

We still don't know enough about the nature of the Shards themselves, and the fact the Exarch is still here

I do kind of like the thought of the whole Egi thing, in that both his belief of them plus the gigantic power source of the Crystal is what fueled them and they are bound to him somehow, but something about that doesn't sit right with me.

I am willing to bet we haven't learned all of his secrets yet, either.

There is an alternative, though, to why the Exarch is still here...and that's because technically the other FATE has NOT been avoided, so the timeline didn't correct itself.

That's not how it should work...but I am kind of okay with it being slightly fudged to allow for the contrivance of the rest of the Shadowbringers story to carry out if they tie it all together nicely with decent explanations at the end of things.
Currently playing - LoZ:BotW (Switch), FFXIV:SB (PC), RE4 (Switch), Crypt of the Necrodancer (Switch), Bloodborne, Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (PC)

User Info: MMX377

MMX377
4 weeks ago#22
With these theories, we never know when Natsuko Ishikawa comes up with new idea for the expending ShB story.
"Get up!! Show me your true power!" Ryu's victory quote in SF3

SilentZed
4 weeks ago#23
We're actively shaping the story of Shadowbringers.

Not really.
Currently playing - LoZ:BotW (Switch), FFXIV:SB (PC), RE4 (Switch), Crypt of the Necrodancer (Switch), Bloodborne, Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (PC)

MMX377
4 weeks ago#24
SilentZed posted...

Not really.

You should thank Natsuko Ishikawa for making a ShB story amazing.

User Info: kblaze13

kblaze13
4 weeks ago#25
Honestly the Time travel aspect of it didn't bother me, nor did the fact Exarch didn't disappear.

I just chalked it up to the same theory that DBZ followed with Future Trunks.
Iightningz posted...
I hate Lightning.

SilentZed
4 weeks ago#26
kblaze13 posted...

I just chalked it up to the same theory that DBZ followed with Future Trunks.

"You mean multiverse theory? How do you-"
"My mom is making me study theoretical physics. Though guess at this point it's just physics."

MMX377 posted...
SilentZed posted...

Not really.

You should thank Natsuko Ishikawa for making a ShB story amazing.

Oh, I love ShB. Despite my nitpicks, I still think it has one of the best stories and the best villain we've had to date which made it so much fun.

User Info: Arn544

Arn544
3 weeks ago#27
I think it was strongly hinted at that the Warrior of Light is a former Amaurotian, one hint is that he merged with Ardbert and the other is how Emet saw one of his people instead of the WoL during the final battle.
It could be that he was a currently unnamed citizen, but if I had to take a guess I would say that he was in fact the one NPC in the reconstructed city that kept his awareness. Would be quite the twist that the WoL was Emet's old friend, the phantom didn't understand why he was aware and the other phantoms weren't and that could tie into it somehow.

Although it's also possible that since there were multiple warriors of light across the worlds, (your WoL / Ardbert and others) that once rejoined they are in fact Hydelyn instead of simply being "blessed" by Hydelyn.

Going by the ending with Zenos and his intentions to revive Zodiark, I think it's safe to assume he'll be successful and Zodiarc will be the ultimate adversary at some point in the future and the only way to counter it will be to rejoin the WoL with the other WoLs.

It's hard to say exactly where they'll go with it, but I think it's safe to assume that will be the general direction.

MMX377
3 weeks ago#28
Arn544 posted...
Going by the ending with Zenos and his intentions to revive Zodiark, I think it's safe to assume he'll be successful and Zodiarc will be the ultimate adversary at some point in the future and the only way to counter it will be to rejoin the WoL with the other WoLs.

It's hard to say exactly where they'll go with it, but I think it's safe to assume that will be the general direction.

I thought Zeno is planning to take both Hydaelyn and Zodiark and is using or refusing them against WoL/D?

User Info: Arn544

Arn544
3 weeks ago#29
MMX377 posted...
Arn544 posted...

I thought Zeno is planning to take both Hydaelyn and Zodiark and is using or refusing them against WoL/D?

He mentioned wanting to "Gorge on their power", the way he said it I thought he meant for both him and the WoL to do so, so take their rivalry to a new level.

User Info: _Sanaki_

_Sanaki_
3 weeks ago#30
Zenos wants both of them to do it, yeah. Kind of a really lame villain to bring back especially with that as his goal, but is what it is.
I kept silent, blaming these antics on your ignorance, but I can no longer tolerate your manners!
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
  3. The nature of souls in FFXIV (Shadowbringers and potential Stormblood Spoilers)
  • Topic Archived