You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
  3. Which content Expansion had the prettiest enviornments?
1.0 - 5.0, which locales did you like the best?

This isn't a poll about what content you liked the best, just what locales located with in those games were most impressive to you.

I think Azim Steppes is probably my favorite area in the game due to it's simplicity, and the Ruby Sea was an impressive venture into a predominant water zone (though it was painful to navigate at first without flying lol).

However, I also really liked the original feeling of exploration I had with 1.0, going to areas where no players existed at all and very little wildlife.

I think I lean towards Stormblood just a bit more though.
http://tinyurl.com/ozuq4pq
http://tinyurl.com/zy566j2

User Info: cracked87

cracked87
1 week ago#2
So far, pixieland is the most pretty imo
PSN: steffo021vastera
And if we allowed child murder in our games, the killers would then go after kids in real life. Dg_3 on gf

User Info: NeonShadow1

NeonShadow1
1 week ago#3
Heavensward, but I'm a sucker for cold, snowy areas and floating islands.
FC: 0962-9949-6556

User Info: rockyoumonkeys

rockyoumonkeys
1 week ago#4
cracked87 posted...

This by far. And I said that BEFORE the fog lifted lol.

Tempest also has an amazing reveal in the south. It's not "pretty", but it was a little jaw-dropping.

User Info: SuperZay

SuperZay
1 week ago#5
I like Yanxia and Ruby Sea, but Stormblood also has 3 ugly, rocky wastelands (Peaks, Fringes, Lochs). Shadowbringers has only Amh Araeng uninspired.

User Info: CrazyDiamondSP

CrazyDiamondSP
1 week ago#6
Wrong time to maje this poll tbh, people still in honeymoon phase with ShB. Amh Araeng, Kholusia and Rak' tika are stinkers in ShB, the first 2 elude me as to why they exist in their current form since FFXIV has overdone to death barren wastelands at this point, specially after the fiasco that was the entirety of gyr abania, as for rak' tika its essentially a poor mans gridania with a tacked on meme song. Tempest and Il mheg are clear winners though.

My vote goes for HW though, Churning mists, Azys lla and Sea of clouds are up there(no pun intended) among the best looking areas in the game, while dravanian forelands and hinterlands blend various different themes into a single area. Coerthas western is the only weak one but then again its one of the 2 zones in the entire game with a snow theme to it(a.k.a and evironment theme that hasnt been done to death within this game)
Smash ultimate wishlist: Sora, funky kong echo. Smash dreams come true: Joker, Banjo&Kazooie, Shulk
Nonwanted characters: Geno, Lloyd(alone),Solaire(alone)
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: NicoGrimm

NicoGrimm
1 week ago#7
Im not even done with Shadowbringers (Just hit Il Mheg), but not only are these some of the prettiest areas in FFXIV, but they're some of the best looking I've seen in a JRPG.
How dare the Gods work against me! I don't remember giving them permission.

User Info: Laplacia

Laplacia
1 week ago#8
ever since they added flying to the game the environments have been empty, soulless golf courts that are just big to justify flying
it's all garbage after 2.0's zones that were bustling with detail and love

also the comment above is just bizarre to me. if you just hit il mheg that means you've only seen lakeland. a LoD hell with purple trees and an island. unless you've played like two jrpgs it's a bit insulting to say that's better looking than what you can find elsewhere
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Lord Lizard

Lord Lizard
1 week ago#9
Shadowbringers is the prettiest/coolest IMO. Amh Araeng, Il Mheg and the Tempest look REALLY good. Kholusia is the only one I think is a bit boring. I specially liked how they managed to make Amh Araeng look interesting after so many wasteland areas. That place is friggin' torn apart.

After it would come Stormblood. All of the Orthard areas are cool, with Yanxia being the only one I find to be a bit lacking, though it might be because it's run-down state makes it hard for me to actually get an oriental feel from it, specially with so much Imperial crap laying around. The Gyr Abanian areas are kinda hit or miss. The Fringes is boring. The Peaks is weird, I liked those silk-road-like small temple areas scattered around, but other than that looking at it from a flying mount makes it look like they copypasted those rock spires all around the place. The Lochs... Is actually one of my favorite-looking areas in the whole game. Too bad there's not much to do there, because to me it looks fantastic.

Next would be A Realm Reborn. The Black Shroud and Coerthas are pretty weak IMO. It's specially disappointing to me that the Shroud is actually not dense at all, so much for that name... But oh, well... La Noscea in particular has some really nice areas, specially once you start getting into the interior parts. Thanalan is kinda bland but actually surprises you at certain points, like with the Burning Wall, or the fact that you can see La Noscea from the Western part.

Heavensward is the ugliest IMO. The Sea of Clouds in particular has always looked really half-assed to me, like just a bunch of rock assets haphazardly put together in a mass without ryme or reason (doesn't help that it also has one of my least favorite musical themes in the game, but that's another story). Other than that, I don't really dislike any of the other areas, they just look bland to me with only certain points being interesting... Almost as if they ALL were Thanalan. XD The only one that stands out positively for me is Azys Lla. The Heavensward portion of Coerthas was much better than the one in ARR, though.
I need a signature...

User Info: cracked87

cracked87
1 week ago#10
rockyoumonkeys posted...
cracked87 posted...

This by far. And I said that BEFORE the fog lifted lol.

Tempest also has an amazing reveal in the south. It's not "pretty", but it was a little jaw-dropping.

I know, right 😄. I really like the setting of shb as a whole so far (just finnished the ragers s***hole Titania). Well except Eulmore, hated it from the start, before you even got to get in I disliked it (thou that might be kinda ot, seeing that my dislike has non to do with how it looks)
PSN: steffo021vastera
And if we allowed child murder in our games, the killers would then go after kids in real life. Dg_3 on gf
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
  3. Which content Expansion had the prettiest enviornments?