• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
  3. How would you buff the weaker jobs?

User Info: Deanyzy

Deanyzy
1 month ago#1
When it comes to AST, I'd do the following.

Collective Unconscious - Reduce cooldown from 90s to 60s
Celestial Opposition - Reduce the cooldown from 120s to 60s.
Celestial Intersection - Increase potency from 150 to 300
Normal Cards - Increase the DPS buff when using cards on correct allies from 6% to 8%
Lady/Lord - Increase DPS buff to 10% from 8% when used on correct allies
Divination - Increase potency buff to 10%/15%/20%.

AST, despite having weaker oGCDs when compared to SCH and WHM. has long cooldowns on a lot of them so I think that having them up more often would probably help them out a bit. Having Opposition and Unconscious up regularly could help them a lot with some of their issues with big pulls while helping them stand up a little better when compared to SCH and WHM.

Finally, I think the cards just need straight up buffing across the board, AST's niche should be their buffs but at the moment they are pretty underwhelming. If Divination is gonna have a long ass cooldown then make it worth the wait and setup.

User Info: gokuson12

gokuson12
1 month ago#2
there is no weak job. every job has a different use and why this game has materia for enhancements
the end justify the means

User Info: GM_

GM_
1 month ago#3
gokuson12 posted...
there is no weak job. every job has a different use and why this game has materia for enhancements

This. There is no "weak" Job in this game. Some may not do as much DPS as others but this is compensated by giving them abilities that benefit the party in other ways be it through Buffs, support skills/spells or debuffs on the enemies. I've gotten over Scholar's DPS being gimped because their healing and shielding has vastly improved and the fights actually call for those to be used optimally which makes the Job fun in a new way it wasn't really before.

User Info: Laplacia

Laplacia
1 month ago#4
yeah like sam right

User Info: MMX377

MMX377
1 month ago#5
There is no weak Job in this FFXIV ShB, But they have weakness and strength. That's all. If you want buff them, you need to adapt new changes first.
"Get up!! Show me your true power!" Ryu's victory quote in SF3

User Info: Dethuli

Dethuli
1 month ago#6
Yeah there's no such thing as a weak job. That's why no job has ever received buffs or updates during an expansion; they've always remained static from their launch design.
Got a minute? You might learn something.

User Info: Ultima_Weapon33

Ultima_Weapon33
1 month ago#7
Lol at the dungeon heroes in this thread. The blind praise this game has been getting makes a little more sense when you consider it's from these kinds of people.
A true hero never wavers. My place is at the top.
Bring me a real challenge. CHA

User Info: Deanyzy

Deanyzy
1 month ago#8
gokuson12 posted...

GM_ posted...
gokuson12 posted...

This. There is no "weak" Job in this game. Some may not do as much DPS as others but this is compensated by giving them abilities that benefit the party in other ways be it through Buffs, support skills/spells or debuffs on the enemies. I've gotten over Scholar's DPS being gimped because their healing and shielding has vastly improved and the fights actually call for those to be used optimally which makes the Job fun in a new way it wasn't really before.

MMX377 posted...
There is no weak Job in this FFXIV ShB, But they have weakness and strength. That's all. If you want buff them, you need to adapt new changes first.

Thank you all of you for telling us in advance that you don't know what you are talking about.

User Info: JohnSpawn

JohnSpawn
1 month ago#9
Ultima_Weapon33 posted...
Lol at the dungeon heroes in this thread. The blind praise this game has been getting makes a little more sense when you consider it's from these kinds of people.

Lol prime example of who the devs should never listen to because they still think Fflogs is what's keeping the servers up.

Your kind of people are why MCH was barely played last expansion.
GFAQs FFXIV Board Discord
https://discord.gg/2vhdf4K

User Info: Growler__

Growler__
1 month ago#10
JohnSpawn posted...
Ultima_Weapon33 posted...

Your kind of people are why MCH was barely played last expansion.

SE is the reason MCH was barely played. A clunky, ping dependent job that was almost always outclassed by BRD.
Light It Up.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
  3. How would you buff the weaker jobs?
  • Topic Archived