• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
  3. So which jobs does the community think we'll be getting next?

User Info: BreakevenCloud

BreakevenCloud
1 month ago#11
Pictomancer and gambler, please
Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

User Info: scorpio man

scorpio man
1 month ago#12
I dont think anyone wants anymore "limited jobs".

BLU was a waste of precious development time
Cast in the name of God, ye not guilty

User Info: OmegaXtreme

OmegaXtreme
1 month ago#13
Calculator healer would be awesome.
Soft is the breeze that can set a petal free
And yet 'tis the storm that doth see the petal soar

User Info: MechaFlo

MechaFlo
1 month ago#14
I'm expecting beast master as the second Limited Job.

After that, all I have are vague expectations for a fourth healer in 6.0. If 6.0 brings a second job I expect it to be a casting dps probably, since dancer's inclusion indicates they want to have a balance between the three dps sub roles, and they JUST added a ranged physical. But I wouldn't be too shocked if they just gave us one new job per expansion given the overhead that goes into each new job in future content. Kind of like how they probably won't do new races again.

User Info: Snazzy21

Snazzy21
1 month ago#15
Time Mage either as healer ir a caster dps i dont care which and Chemist as a healer.
3DS Friend code 4613-7498-1738

User Info: Social_Sin

Social_Sin
1 month ago#16
As long as it's a new healer I am game for it, altering blue mage to not be limited (and getting rid of that whole limited class idea all together) would also be just super.
Now Playing: For Honor, Apex Legends, God Eater 3 and R6:Siege

User Info: Lao

Lao
1 month ago#17
scorpio man posted...

It's sad because Blue mage is actually a pretty cool class. I wish it could be played like the other classes.
PSN : Shudin
Twitter : LxstBerry

User Info: Deanyzy

Deanyzy
1 month ago#18
I'm thinking Time Mage/Geomancer for healer, mainly because WHM no longer has much of an elemental presence in their moveset post level 70 and the time abilities have been removed from AST.

I'd really like the idea of Time Mage being a healer, he could have some abilities that work like Tracer's recall in Overwatch in that he can save someone's health state and restore it within a window of time if they take damage. Time Mage as a healer opens up some really interesting opportunities. As for Geomancer, I dunno but I think it's the most likely addition for healer.

When it comes to DPS, I think we'll be getting a mage next unless they actually bite the bullet and rework BLU into an actual job.As for what kind of mage, I haven't got a clue. I can see them potentially coming up with something completely new.

User Info: Deanyzy

Deanyzy
1 month ago#19
Lao posted...
scorpio man posted...

It's sad because Blue mage is actually a pretty cool class. I wish it could be played like the other classes.

The problem with BLU is that they valued a useless gimmick (the method of learning new spells) over job functionality. People would have been initially mad if it worked like any other DPS job and learned it's spells through levelling but I think the way BLU is now leaves a far more bitter taste in people's mouths.

As someone who wanted BLU in the game from the start, I hope that one day they just drop the gimmicks and remake it into an actual job.

User Info: sasukebot

sasukebot
1 month ago#20
There's a small part of me still holding on to hope that they will do some video reveal or something showcasing BLU participating in relevant current content with the other jobs as they reveal it to be upgraded to regular job status as a semi-new job for the next expansion. I imagine fans would be pleased about that. Since a lot of BLU's assets are already in the game, I also imagine it would be less work than designing a new DPS from scratch. Sadly, I still highly doubt it as Yoshi-P was pretty adamant with insisting whatever additions they're making to BLU and the Carnival after 5.0 will be some kind of saving grace to its relatively poor reception.

I don't think they'd be stubborn enough not to release a new healer. Not sure if it will be another completely original job or something iconic like Chemist/Salve-maker or Geomancer. The AST level 80 quest also highlighted how Kyokuho opened up a school or something for Geomancy. And Chemist has always been a feasible possibility. Chirurgeons seem to play recurring parts in a lot of side quests. I'd be fine with either.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
  3. So which jobs does the community think we'll be getting next?
  • Topic Archived