You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
  3. So which jobs does the community think we'll be getting next?

User Info: Xenoy

Xenoy
6 days ago#1
With SB and ShB, we've pretty much got all of the jobs that have topped the most wanted polls for new jobs, I think. Samurai, Red Mage and Blue Mage, Dancer, Gunbreaker too I think was quite popular on multiple occasions. Since the devs have very faithfully added new jobs based on popular demand, which jobs do you think we'll get next or what do you want us to get? Geomancer? Necromancer? Mystic Knight / Spellblade? Beastmaster? Arithmetician? Time Mage?

User Info: Valorian102

Valorian102
6 days ago#2
Nah that's it, no more.

User Info: FlameMagician

FlameMagician
6 days ago#3
Actual Blue Mage would be nice
GFAQs FFXIV Board Discord
https://discord.gg/2vhdf4K
Rune Knight and nothing else.
"Righteousness is like a good sword... just keep it pointed in the right direction."
FC: 3926-8239-0430

User Info: Derpgoon

Derpgoon
6 days ago#5
Only real demand at the moment is a 4th healer. Doesn't really matter what the healer is, just that they add a new one.

User Info: psycofang

psycofang
6 days ago#6
Chemist. Give it lots of explosions. Complete my Trinity.
(edited 6 days ago)

User Info: vivi21

vivi21
6 days ago#7
Green Mage.
It just isn't a Bethesda game if it doesn't corrupt my savefile.

User Info: CrazyDiamondSP

CrazyDiamondSP
6 days ago#8
I still have no clue wtf a mystic knight/rune knight is and Ive played literally every mainline FF.

Also my vote would go to time mage, about time squenix gave us some busted mage that revolves around haste/slow/stop. Also the game really needs another healer at this point.
Smash ultimate wishlist: Sora, funky kong echo. Smash dreams come true: Joker, Banjo&Kazooie, Shulk
Nonwanted characters: Geno, Lloyd(alone),Solaire(alone)
(edited 6 days ago)

User Info: Shybaason

Shybaason
6 days ago#9
CrazyDiamondSP posted...
I still have no clue wtf a mystic knight/rune knight is and Ive played literally every mainline FF.

Also my vote would go to time mage, about time squenix gave us some busted mage that revolves around haste/slow/stop. Also the game really needs another healer at this point.

how do you not know what mystic knight is? it's one of the most OP classes in ff5 and it's what STeiner is basically in 9 (his spellblades) though in 11 it was "rune fencer" and it was a tank
Twitch.tv/Iraeda

User Info: Jonexe

Jonexe
6 days ago#10
CrazyDiamondSP posted...

It was the turban wearing knight that had elemental sword attacks in FF5.

I could see us getting a sort of Magitek-esque Chemist. Perhaps a high speed aether condenser on the hip to make "potions" with some kind of wrist mount potion launcher. It would thematically go nicely with GNB and MCH.

Other than that I have a hard time seeing many other classes. A lot of the classic ones that we don't have are already rolled up in other things. Seeing a proper Geomancer, Thief, Time Mage, or Ranger would require a lot of overhauling of other jobs to give them their proper identities. Beastmaster would be cool, but I bet anything it'll be a limited class so you can have the flavor of taming anything you want without the dev team having to give a damn about balance.
"My life is a chip in your pile... ante up!"
(edited 6 days ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
  3. So which jobs does the community think we'll be getting next?